There's Just Something Dreamy About B&W

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
100mmf412-5MonoGausianNoiseLABBWsmall.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Agreed, Major - and Don.

I think that when the image calls out for it and the black and white is done well it is The Only Way to do it justice.

It's interesting for me to be saying this since when I was a youngun' and was into photo big time, my thing was color printing...

Major thank you for this one of yours.

Boston Chris

Mu-43 Rookie
I think I'm going on a B&W Post binge soon. Haven't really ever done much exclusively with B&W and it definitely deserves the effort.

Nice shot!

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Funny you should say I have good eyes. I've actually been slowly going blind for several years now. A combination of macular degeneration, vitreous separations and torn retinas have given me the vision of an eighty year old, thirty years early. My older brother went legally blind two years ago from similar bad genetics so I'm making the most of what I have for now.

The "eye" for a good scene was something my mother taught me as a child, and was further developed when I took up watercolor painting back in the early nineties.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Major,
You have my sympathy over your eyesight problems, I have just been diagnosed with vitreous separation in my left eye and am waiting on an appointment to see if there is any damage to the retina.
At the moment I'm just suffering from the activity of floaters that I liken to a manic trapeze artist swinging around randomly across the vision of that eye.

Barrie

Latest threads

Top Bottom