There's Just Something Dreamy About B&W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by MajorMagee, Feb 26, 2011.

1. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Major, I've been watching you. You gotz good eyes....SIR!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Agreed, Major - and Don.

I think that when the image calls out for it and the black and white is done well it is The Only Way to do it justice.

It's interesting for me to be saying this since when I was a youngun' and was into photo big time, my thing was color printing...

Major thank you for this one of yours.
  4. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    I think I'm going on a B&W Post binge soon. Haven't really ever done much exclusively with B&W and it definitely deserves the effort.

Nice shot!
  5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Funny you should say I have good eyes. I've actually been slowly going blind for several years now. A combination of macular degeneration, vitreous separations and torn retinas have given me the vision of an eighty year old, thirty years early. My older brother went legally blind two years ago from similar bad genetics so I'm making the most of what I have for now.

The "eye" for a good scene was something my mother taught me as a child, and was further developed when I took up watercolor painting back in the early nineties.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    You have my sympathy over your eyesight problems, I have just been diagnosed with vitreous separation in my left eye and am waiting on an appointment to see if there is any damage to the retina.
    At the moment I'm just suffering from the activity of floaters that I liken to a manic trapeze artist swinging around randomly across the vision of that eye.

• Like Like x 1