Then and Now

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by snkenai, Jul 11, 2013.

1. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    My first photos were taken with my mom's Brownie Junior 620, over 50 years ago. Still have a few of those pictures. Development and a fresh roll of film from Fox Photo, was $0.65. Today I found a Brownie Junior 620, at a yard sale, for $5.00. ( You didn't think I would leave it there, did you?):smile: The picture is, just as found, with no clean up, beside my E-p3 and 45mm. Both were compact, "for their day". I had no Idea where mom's "Brownie Box" went. It's very a good day for me.:smile:
    The man said, "it's been laying around here for a long time. How do you focus it? How do you take it apart? How does it work?"
    It was the ultra simple picture making machine. And it just needs a roll of film, to do it again!:2thumbs:

[​IMG]

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Nice story. Looks like a fun opportunity to reconnect with your past. :thumbup:

It's gonna be hard to find someone to match that Fox Photo price on development these days, though. :wink:

3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Yeah, times, they are a changin'.

Anyone else, is welcome and encouraged, to post your "Then and Now" here.:thumbup:

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I'm thrilled for you to have been able to get the sweet little box! There is a wonderful magic produced by these old cameras that empowered the masses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.