1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Western Sky

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Iconindustries, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm on a roll today. Plonked the 14-45mm on my GF1 and I'm having heaps of fun. Got this just in time this arvo.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5618843674/" title="The Western Sky ( by iconindustries, on Flickr"> 5618843674_4fb7e22526_b. "1024" height="290" alt="The Western Sky ("></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5618848236/" title="The western Sky (Take 2) by iconindustries, on Flickr"> 5618848236_22644e0a39_b. "1024" height="239" alt="The western Sky (Take 2)"></a>

Let me know what your first thoughts were when you first saw the pictures:wink:

• Like Like x 15
  2. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Very strong pictures!
    They are both beautiful, and the second one is so good both in terms of composition and execution that it really deserves to be printed and framed!
    Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    They are both really nice, but I think I prefer the second one as well. The cloud formations in the first pic are stunning though!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I like numero uno.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    love both photos hard to chose between them if the first was cropped so the tree in the right was not included think that would be my fav as has already been said the clouds look great, but like the trees in the other better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Beautiful Brady...

Both gorgeous... like he first best.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very cool shots!

• Like Like x 1
  8. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hi again Icon,
    great shots, it must be nice to see no rain on the horizon, after what Queensland has been through. I see the 14-45 panasonic lens as highly underated, perhaps it is because we tend to judge standard lenses as inferior to the more expensive special task lenses. Keep up the good work and watch out for some images I'll be uploading soon from my Mallacoota trip.
    DUD

• Like Like x 1
  9. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Is it a stitched panorama?

What a wonderful sky.

Like in Montana.

Thinking of where I can shoot skies like that

• Like Like x 1
  10. stevendotwang

stevendotwang Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Steven W
    I thought of fire.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Wow!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That sounds really impressive Hikari, but I have no clue what it means.:wink:

For along while now i've had just the 20mm on my GF1 and it was fun to get the 14-45mm back on it again. I've just found the black point slider in Aperture and it is simply amazing. Just a simple change as that can bring life into an image and it gives it such a shine.

Thanks. I'll be looking out for the pictures!

Hey Mate, forgot to say. Yes it is a panorama. 4 shots each a little pp and dragged into Double Take and it joined them up. Exported back into Aperture and added a border in BorderFX plugin. Double Take is a piece of cake. Good app.

13. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I like #1 (also known as numero uno).

14. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I like 'em both equally. Different compositions, and a glorious sky.

Nicely done. Have you tried to print either or both, at good sizes? Should make great prints. :2thumbs:

Brian

15. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

i like the 1st the best. but tell me , were these photos a result of stitching or did you crop the originals to get the panoramic aspect?.