The Washing ...

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hanging out the washing I noticed movement at my feet. A closer look revealed a honey bee come to rest on the grass. An unusual place for honey bees.

Maybe she was tired from her early morning foraging, just taking a break. More likely she was knocked from the air, as healthy as she looks to be.

After a while I helper her to the jacket I had just hung up, got a few shots and left her to rest, preen and warm up in the sun.

She seemed content to be alive, doing no more than survive as she served her nature, to gather for the hive.

When I came back she was gone. Life moves on, things change, with a little help.

And there’s always some washing to be done.

All’s well in paradise, well enough.

Not the prettiest face you ever saw, but she is a beauty. Tireless in her service to our amazing nature.
p1340490_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I could see no reason for her to be on the ground, no damage or sign of exhaustion. Some things just are.
p1340483_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

It took a while for her to steady herself but once up she was inquisitive of her situation, being handled with care.
p1340492_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

Raising her up before she fell, time for a shot or two on the way. Quiet little beauty bee, stingless today.
p1340502_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

Up on the washing line I had a few clothes. I put her to sit a while and she took to it easy, no worries on her little mind.
p1340543_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

Manipulating the cloth for some background and the shot with some detail, she began her cleaning routine.
p1340535_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

Wiping down her tongue here, the eyes and antennae get regular attention. Clean and proud is her way.
p1340555_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

And in the end we take what nature offers. She’s still in charge, despite our best efforts. Trusting intelligence wins out.
p1340510_mark-berkery_filtered-ni_2.jpg

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the link.
Enlightening, entertaining and brilliant photos.
No disputing one iota.
Very nice series.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
LOL. Mark, I was about to comment how great these photos are, then I realized you were the poster. Just a day at the office for you! Just kidding...still great. As always.

Latest threads

Top Bottom