1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The "waiting for deilvery" thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by laser8, Feb 21, 2014.

1. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    I don't know about you but I get really anxious when I order something and have to wait. Hitting the refresh button on the shipping company site, watching the package go back and forth from one storage site to another, the status not being updated for hours and days....

:mad:

Now I feel better. :biggrin:

Feel free to vent here!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I feel your pain...I'm waiting to take possession of 3 lenses right now...the highly acclaimed 75mm from one person, and a couple of Asahi lenses (135 and 200) which should be here this morning...I think USPS and UPS have blocked my access to their site because of the number of hits :)

3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Awaiting my new (to me) E-PM1 - I have tracking data and promises of delivery tomorrow.

Does this make things easier? Of course not!

While I'm at it I'm also awaiting a Pentax ME with a Nifty Fifty f1.7 (No.3235629) and original lens cap/leather case - all in minty condition. Hey, these things matter to me!:cloud-9-039:

4. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I was impatiently waiting for an OM-D E-M10, and 4 lenses since Feb 10th. It turns out that the 14-42 EZ Pancake was back ordered and they wouldn't ship the body without it. I canceled my order, order from another supplier, and the body and other 3 lenses showed up late last night. Then I made the discovery that there was no SD card. Today I will actually get to try all the goodies.

5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I have been waiting for a few things for several months already, including the E-P5. But the delivery guy still hasn't come to our house. Probably waiting for me to click the "Place Order" button.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Itchybiscuit

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor

HA! I wondered why my GX7 never did turn up despite camping out at my front door.

Next time I'll rely on something other than wishes and crossed fingers (like actually ordering one and paying for it). :wink:

7. plutoniumhunter

plutoniumhunter Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2011
    Maldives
    My Olympus 25mm is currently in a FedEx warehouse somewhere in Abu Dhabi...

8. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Looks like I'm in good company here...

Is Massachusetts an ex scottish colony?:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Itchybiscuit

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    It certainly wouldn't surprise me... :wink:

My cameras arrived yesterday - both the E-PM1 and the Pentax ME. I whipped the f1.7/50 off the ME and slapped it onto the Olympus:
    E-PM1withPentax50-f17.
    E-PM1withPentax50-f1702.
    Luvverly! :2thumbs:

10. orfeo

orfeo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    FR
    I am waiting for two lenses right now, and it's killing me.
    Though I can wait because I need for this spring.
    Those are SMC takumar 50mm f4 macro and SMC takumar 100mm f4 macro. I can't wait!

11. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Though not a camera, waiting on my resharpened rolls razor. Usps said expected yesterday...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app

12. Duncan

Duncan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2013
    I've had a couple of things that came later than promised recently, probably due to weather problems. The worst was one that showed up at a UPS warehouse about 25 miles from my house late on a Friday and finally was delivered by the USPS the following Tuesday! Talk about frustrating. I could have driven there and back in an hour and retrieved it myself.

13. dpaultx

dpaultx Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2014
    North TX
    I order lots of small cheap items straight out of China, which still ship via the proverbial "slow boat".

Often, by the time it gets here, it's feels almost like Christmas as I've completely forgotten about ordering it in the first place.

dp

14. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Been refreshing the UPS site for few days and it showed the package was in some italian warehose - suddenly it's close and should be here tomorrow! I must say the UPS phone assistance has been very good - I phoned them earlier today to see if they could deliver at a different address - no problem at all. 24 more hours to go:smile:

15. tino84

tino84 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    I just ordered today from my local pusher...ehm seller, olympus 40-150. Tomorrow, at least thuersday might arrives... Maybe I can stay in front of the shop until that day?
    :p