The Verge reviews the OM-D E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by everythingsablur, May 1, 2012.

1. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Another major tech blog weighs in on the E-M5. These guys are a little more m43 friendly as they used to use GF1s way back when they were at Engadget.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 review | The Verge
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    So many Sonycam fans on the gadget blog comment sections. At least Sony still commands respect in some aspects of their business.
  3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    With Sony's involvement with the gaming industry, it is no wonder that some of the rabid fanboyism trickles over. Almost without fail, whenever you read a comment about a camera that starts with 'does it have xyz? or, it doesn't have xyz...but sony does so i'm going with that camera'. it is kind of funny.
  4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    It wasn't they, I do believe Josh actually owns a GF1.
  5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Yes, it was Josh generally brandishing a GF1 at all the press events he covered, but I though there was another guy with them as well with one. Anyway, beside the point as it isn't Josh writing the article.
  6. wanjeyin

wanjeyin Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    They wrote, by all counts, a glowing review. Yet, ironically, slam it for having a "smaller sensor". This "bad" attribute is quickly becoming a moot point given the stellar performance relative to its APS peers.

The "smaller sensor" as a "bad stuff" can and should also be mentioned as a "good stuff" if they were so enlightened. Otherwise how else would you get such small lenses? Such an ignorant remark, it's a shame they can't see that a "smaller sensor" also does come with some inherent strengths.

7. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Probably the most impotrant thing I learned in buying DSLRs and NEX is that picking a camera by the numbers is a huge mistake. NEX sucks, D3100 sucks, even the GH2 isn't quite right as a stills camera for me. I wish more reviewers would emphasize handling over performance. Thom does a good job that way.