1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Travel Size/Weight Advantage..

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by mattia, Jun 22, 2012.

1. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I'm packing for my vacation, and the massive size and weight advantage of the mu43 kit is really hitting home right now - the packing list for the camera bag:

- E-M5
    - GF2
    - 14/2.5, 20/1.7, 45/1.8
    - 12-50, 7-14
    - 3 batteries per camera
    - Lens pen

This all goes into a padded liner from a crumpler shoulder bag slipped into a discrete, fully waterproof black backpack. Things that jump out at me:

1. TINY. At least half the liner is still empty, so plenty of space for day trips
    2. LIGHT. The whole unit weights in at 2 kg. That's the same as my 5DII+24-105 would weigh with a spare battery in this bag.

I could easily fit another couple of lenses (telephoto zoom, anyone?) in there and still have a very, very compact little package. And that's 1 extremely capable and 1 very capable little camera and a broad selection of glassware that can cover pretty much any lighting or weather conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.