First, by the integration of a sensor 4/3 (17.3 x 13 mm) and a 24-75 mm zoom f / 1.7-2.8. This couple, supported by the processing engine Venus Engine data to allow the camera to deliver beautiful images to ISO 1600 and climb without much difficulty until 3200 ISO. The optical power zoom is also of good quality, with good sharpness throughout the zoom range and the center, which is usual, edges a little "soft" wide open.
In terms of ergonomics, we appreciate the direct access to the aperture (optical) and exposure time (wheel) - Settings old probably inspired by Leica, a partner at the design of the optics. The LX100 has 3 buttons and a customizable rear thumbwheel to quickly change options shooting.
The development is a treat in automatic mode. The AF system is probably the best performing market in contrast detection. It gives excellent results both photo and video recording. Focus is fast and tracking AF is fast and accurate enough to keep pace with 11 fps. In video, the LX100 also provide satisfaction in terms of image quality including excellent 4K TV mode.
However engineers have failed micro and headphone jacks. In addition, however, we regret the absence of a swivel LCD and touch screen. These features are now commonplace, and they have found their perfect places on advanced cameras.
Despite some flaws, the Panasonic LX100 is the expert compact of the moment and receives our high recommendation.
- Very good noise control up to ISO 1600
- Autofocus in most lighting conditions
- 24-75 mm optical light and quality
- Good macro mode with focus at 3cm
- Accurate and wide integrated electronic viewfinder
- Video mode at 25 fps 4K TV and HDTV 1080-50 fps
- Direct access to the opening and speed
- Artistic filters, panoramic image by scanning and full-auto easily accessible
- Good finish and nice grip
- Ring adjustable objective
- Wi-Fi and NFC built for easy image transfer
- Burst mode at 11 fps
- Device generally silent
- Flash sync at high speeds: 1/500 s, 1/1000 s
- No swivel screen or touch
- No built-in flash (but included in the box)
- Effects rainbow sky in the electronic viewfinder (sequential display)
- Exposure latitude in the high lights limited
- EVF ratio 16: 9
- No microphone input and headphone output not
- No possibility to fulfill the exif fields for author
- Light crop video in 4K TV
- Turning a little slow
- RAW RW2 owner
- Not possible recharge MicroUSB
- Petal cap (which opens to power) is optional