1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Shore, Leith - HDR

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by chrism_scotland, May 6, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posted this up previous in Colour and B&W Variants but had a play in Photoshop to give the water a bit of a clean up

7125899503_15527a695e_c.
    The Shore HDR by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

• Like Like x 10
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Most of my memories of the Shore at Leith are rather beer blurred...

Not a big fan of HDR...but this one has been done with suitable restraint.. My only crit is that I would have straighted the image a bit...lifting the right side a tweak...or a smidgen..or even just a wee tottie bit

K

3. Nice, and I agree with what Kevin said.

4. CUB

CUB Guest

5. DaveL

DaveL Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Ab- Fab!! Great shot and tasteful processing:smile:

Agree with above rotation suggestion. Generally, in landscape or architecture shots, I think it’s important to have either a strong vertical or horizontal line. It can be a pain with WA lenses but the easy way to check is to pull out a guide line from the ruler bar in PS. ( You probably already know this if you’re doing HDR in PS, oh well)

6. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

absolutely gorgeous!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.