1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Search for Self

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Luke, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    OK......this all started with the monthly Contest. Too much time lying on the ground trying to come up with original compositions of mushrooms......

The Search for Self by Lukinosity, on Flickr

• Like Like x 13
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Zomg he ate some of that poisonous mushroom!

- Eliot

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I like the set! :biggrin:

Kinda reminds me of my reaction when I saw the contest - I was like "great, now I have to figure out how to find mushrooms, in addition to learning how to take a decent photograph!"

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I might actually take a hike in some woods this afternoon and look for more photographic mushrooms, but when I saw this one in the yard my love of laziness said "just shoot this one that's close".

I'm not sure I'll ever learn to take a decent photograph, but I'll keep trying.

5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I was going to make a super poor attempt at humor, and just go to the store and take a snapshot of packaged sliced mushrooms. Lol

Mebbe if I PP them well....? ;)

Where am I going to find mushrooms in drought and brushfire land of Texas?! Shenanigans! :D

- Eliot

6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Post this somewhere on World Planking Day! :biggrin:

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Just brilliant. Love the concept and execution. I've got to try and be more creative than just "capture what I see."

Thanks for the laugh, btw.

8. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Luke
    When I saw in your title that you are a senior member, I thought you were a REAL senior (like me).
    But after seeing your picture, why you're just a youngster. :smile:

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Yeah, I'm not too crazy about that moniker senior member, but after getting low for a bunch of mushroom photos, my knees definitely make me feel like a senior. This "getting old" stuff is really a drag. I wish I could opt out.

10. LOL

No problems Luke, only 84 more posts and you can petition the boss and choose your own.

11. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Well you can, but the alternative is worse ;)

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Oh ... there is an alternative to getting old ...

13. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I understand the alternative to growing old. It's only painful for those left behind. But I'm still not interested. :drinks: