The Rural Living Image Thread

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Kevin, love your photos. Brings back memories. About a hundred year ago, I lived in Kilcoy for a few months w/John Harrison and family. Did lots of traveling and stayed on a bunch of stations. Ate a lot of dust, learned the joys of a swag!
Interesting days for you mate. Not much joy in a swag nowadays though, especially since finding an eastern brown in mine! :wtf: I sleep in the back of the fourby nowadays :thumbup:

I'm heading out Kilcoy way soon so I'll bring you some more memories.

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Here's a few from remote interior Alaska. It takes a lot of cutting, hauling, peeling, notching, etc., etc., to build a roof over your
head.

Logs won't peel themselves.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Flintstones getting ready to raise the purlin.

Ready to roof!

Home.

Just over the bump @ the head of the Kawhatau Valley. We were on a hunting trip, camped on the tops and could see the lights of Bluff Hill way, way off to the east.
Love Napier, BTW. Long, really scenic drive through the Gentle Annie. No traffic!
Might have to do a tiki tour one day - never driven the Gentle Annie I think - that's the Napier Taihape road?

Here's a few from remote interior Alaska. It takes a lot of cutting, hauling, peeling, notching, etc., etc., to build a roof over your head.
These are awesome.
What timber (tree species) is used?
Any of the inside finished?
That would take some skill to cut the rounds into the logs for the mating one above.

A delightful hut or whatever you call them over there.
(We'd call an equivalent here a bush hut.)

Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom