The Rural Living Image Thread

crlund

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
I'm mesmerized by this image, Rob. The silvery sky reflected in the water, the light and tonality, the contours which lead the eye, a touch of haze, the detail of the trees... I'm finding it really immersive!
Thank You. It was actually just a quick shot while leaning out the side of a slow moving train.

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Harvey this ones for you!

Some of you may remember photos of this old barn, that was about to collapse, that I posted back in March. At that time, Harvey suggested I put a camera on a tripod and do a series of time-lapse images while I pushed on a corner of the barn. Well, I went back to do that and time and tide had beaten me to the task!!:)

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Harvey this ones for you!

Some of you may remember photos of this old barn, that was about to collapse, that I posted back in March. At that time, Harvey suggested I put a camera on a tripod and do a series of time-lapse images while I pushed on a corner of the barn. Well, I went back to do that and time and tide had beaten me to the task!!:) View attachment 752478 View attachment 752479
I had a similar one in Cache Valley. Possibly posted in the Barns thread.

M1020872-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

And almost 2 years later.

M1023928-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
I mostly see the crumpled piles of wood after the fact. Many of these old barns and farm buildings don’t have any diagonal bracing, relying instead on the siding. The siding shrinks and becomes looser over time, and down they come.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom