Real Name
John ...
View attachment 878113

CameraFuji X100V
Focal Length23.0 mm
Aperturef/8
Exposure Time0.0025s (1/400)
ISO800

I saw the guy's reflection in the shiny black tile and wanted to capture it when I snapped this photo but had to manipulate the image to bring it out and it looks kind of fake.
Looks OK to me. If you hadn't mentioned it ... ;) .

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
X10V3176.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CameraFuji X100V
Focal Length23.0 mm
Aperturef/10
ISO320

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
View attachment 878113

CameraFuji X100V
Focal Length23.0 mm
Aperturef/8
ISO800

I saw the guy's reflection in the shiny black tile and wanted to capture it when I snapped this photo but had to manipulate the image to bring it out and it looks kind of fake.
:bravo-009:

There is a lot I like about this image. I especially like the reflection of the man's face. I'd like to see this image with more of a horizontal crop. Maybe more of a 35mm or 16x9 format, cutting off the seated gentleman at the knees at the low end and just above the top of the umbrella on top.

Again though, very nice.

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Skate park under the interstate.

20210305-_R012365.jpg

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
PG9L6662.JPG

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:bravo-009:

There is a lot I like about this image. I especially like the reflection of the man's face. I'd like to see this image with more of a horizontal crop. Maybe more of a 35mm or 16x9 format, cutting off the seated gentleman at the knees at the low end and just above the top of the umbrella on top.

Again though, very nice.
It's funny that you mentioned that because for posting to my Instagram acct, I had the same thought that you did. Due to the small picture size on Instagram, I thought the image needed a tighter crop to emphasize the reflection. Here's what it'll look like when I post it (I try to stay with a 4:3 or 4:5 ratio so landscape oriented images aren't too small on the vertical).

Also, there's a bit of visual repetition in that there are three faces close to one another: the guy's, his reflection, and the Starbucks cup. Maybe it's too much of a visual reach.

X10V3274-01_polarr.jpg

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
X10V3227-Enhanced-blended.jpg

Layered street.

CameraFuji X100V
Focal Length23.0 mm
Aperturef/11
ISO200

Hoffelijk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jeroen
Bronze Ballerinas
in the window of an antique shop

Bronze Ballerinas1600.jpg

Bronze Ballerinas1600 (2).jpg

Bronze Ballerinas1600 (3).jpg

Flickr

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@mumu
My crop on your reflection scene would be even tighter. The top portion has 2 bright areaas that are distracting to the eye. I'd crop the top to get rid of those areas...say a bit above Starbucks. If you need to do additional work bring the right border.
A little doodly around with those crops made the people a bit more impactful-IMHO.

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
P3170118.jpg

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I suppose the street thread is the place for this...

affordable housing.JPG

Traverse City in Northern Michigan is, for the most part, a vibrant community with more than it's fair share of wealth. However, not far from the festivals, wineries and upscale eateries is a homeless community that could rival that of much larger cities. The cost of living in this town is crazy, so that doesn't help. Most of the homeless prefer sites that are out of sight, in the woods close to the river. This particular abode happens to be adjacent to the railroad tracks along a well travelled road.

Developers have targeted this community with a vengeance. The area is seeing a tremendous influx of new residents young and old. Everywhere you look it seems like new buildings are going up to meet the demand for housing. Usually the developers go before the planning commission to pitch their idea, sell it to the public under the guise of providing "affordable housing", and when it comes time to sell, lease, or rent their new units the prices never seem to meet what a reasonable interpretation of "affordable housing" was meant to describe.

The above encampment in the Traverse City Real Estate listings may be presented like this...

Cozy, "affordable" open floor plan available May 1st. Surrounded by nature yet close to transportation this rare living space will be sure to Wow your guests. Wake up each day to the clean, fresh air of the North in Michigan's hottest growing community. Hurry in and secure you're piece of paradise before it's all gone.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom