The Real Street Thread II

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Is this crossed-leg stance a new guy thing? This is the second one I’ve seen a week. One tiny poke and over they
topple.
Not sure if it new or not... but he’s leaning on a trolley without brakes so he could’ve gone over even without a push.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City. Shot with Oly E-M1 & Oly 40-150mm f4-5.6. Light rain and early evening light made for some nice, near monochromatic tones. Processed in Lightroom CC to crop, bring some focus to the subject with the umbrella and bring out a little bit of the golden sheen I saw on the streets with some saturation.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Another one from the same time...

Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City. Shot with Oly E-M1 & Oly 40-150mm f4-5.6. Light rain and early evening light made for some nice, near monochromatic tones. Processed in Lightroom CC to crop, bring some focus to the subject with the umbrella and bring out a little bit of the golden sheen I saw on the streets with some saturation.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Back in March 2019, when I was living in Miami, I was roaming about downtown after doing some work in the area. A new luxury condo building went up that was still under construction. I noticed a couple of construction workers walking towards me and how the shadows looks a bit odd as we passed each other. I turned around took this shadow selfie with those workers now down the street. Notice how my shadow has a blue cast and multiple faint shadows caused by the off-angle window reflections of the late afternoon light from the new building's tinted windows.

This is what the building looked like at the time. It's known as the "Paramount". You can see the workers that passed me by in the bottom left of the shot.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Fire Hydrant 🌈 as seen on the streets of Washington Heights, Manhattan, NYC. Shot with Canon Powershot G5 X. Processed in LR CC for crop, and color and bring out some detail. The lady washing her hands in the hydrant gave it that little bit more...

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Alley Dryer - Washington Heights, Manhattan, NYC. Only July 5, 2019......Just walking by an alley way near home and BAM! I gotta get a shot of this!

OK, I'll admit it. Three days after I shot this I found out it was a movie set for a scene for the remake of "West Side Story". Of course, I did not know that when I shot this and thought, "Wow! They still do this in New York?!" Well, they don't. Not allowed by fire code, for reasons that are obvious to me now. Regardless, I'll probably edit this a bit more and make a print for the walls of the apartment.

Shot with a Canon Powershot G5 X (in JPEG only mode :(). Some basic tuning in LR CC (Sure which I had a RAW file!)
The subsequent attached photos were shot on July 8th which give some context for the movie production.

20190705_WHClothesDrying_CG5x_1156.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom