The Real Poor Man's Leica!

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Haha. Looking at the linked photo in the image, having the leatherette cover hide the GF1 logo somehow looks good to me :)

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
how silly this is ,lol a gf1 type machine... GmbH ???? never happen .

everyone knows Leica would never stoop to making an affordably priced machine everyone could enjoy , instead it uses a good full frame sensor from rodchester NY and marries it to yesterdays technology complete with quaint throwbacks like removable baseplate's and rangefinder only focusing... but hey ,

dont get me wrong , .....its built like a posh tank with rare quality ,and breathtaking lenses ... and prices , but at the end of the day it is for many its just more elitist masturbation and bragging rights for most of the clowns wearing this photo jewelery who wouldnt know an f-stop from an f- you .and boy, ive met a few.

many good people , have leica too ...of course , and deservedly so .my misgivings are NOT aimed your way.
but Leica seems , at times , to me ,just a photo candy store for the filthy rich ,and it a rare photographer with soul and craft who find themselves blessed with insanely priced leica photo gems and actually know what to do with it
would i like to own it ?, ...well yeah .... im critical and antifascism and anti- all the new rich evil in the world. yadda yadda.....but ain`t quite crazy yet !!!!!

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Where can I order the sticker :) I can so see myself doing this to the E-P2 ;) Then taping them both up like Bill says...

LoL.

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
how silly this is ,lol a gf1 type machine... GmbH ???? never happen .

everyone knows Leica would never stoop to making an affordably priced machine everyone could enjoy , instead it uses a good full frame sensor from rodchester NY and marries it to yesterdays technology complete with quaint throwbacks like removable baseplate's and rangefinder only focusing... but hey ,

dont get me wrong , .....its built like a posh tank with rare quality ,and breathtaking lenses ... and prices , but at the end of the day it is for many its just more elitist masturbation and bragging rights for most of the clowns wearing this photo jewelery who wouldnt know an f-stop from an f- you .and boy, ive met a few.

many good people , have leica too ...of course , and deservedly so .my misgivings are NOT aimed your way.
but Leica seems , at times , to me ,just a photo candy store for the filthy rich ,and it a rare photographer with soul and craft who find themselves blessed with insanely priced leica photo gems and actually know what to do with it
would i like to own it ?, ...well yeah .... im critical and antifascism and anti- all the new rich evil in the world. yadda yadda.....but ain`t quite crazy yet !!!!!

lol relax, it's just a GF1 which someone has stuck a leatherette and leica badge on it - just for the laughs ;-)

Though I totally agree about Leica's breath taking lenses and ridiculous prices - thats why I love the voigtlander lenses which, IMO, are great value for money considering what you can do with them - guessing from your user name u're a fan/owner of CV gear? :smile:

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I like my Leica.

picture.php
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/10th Sec, F1.5, ISO 1250, uncoated 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 that I remounted into a Jupiter-3 LTM mount, Table Candle for lighting.

I like that it is an anachronism. It's the closest thing that a Digital camera can be to the old cameras that I grew up using. I paid my dues with Digital Cameras, started using them in 1981- back when we had to make our own stuff. I did the software.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One more with the M8, and the uncoated Sonnar. ISO 160 this time, at F4.

picture.php

It's an anachronism, and I am old. Good match-up.

NikonD300

Mu-43 Regular
Leica Love

I like my Leica.

picture.php

1/10th Sec, F1.5, ISO 1250, uncoated 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 that I remounted into a Jupiter-3 LTM mount, Table Candle for lighting.

I like that it is an anachronism. It's the closest thing that a Digital camera can be to the old cameras that I grew up using. I paid my dues with Digital Cameras, started using them in 1981- back when we had to make our own stuff. I did the software.

I still love my M6! No camera has a quieter shutter and so perfect for street work. I love my GX1 too, but it will be long dead while my M6 will be passed along to my grandchildren.

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
These have been around for a while ...

5930508704_635cd31211.jpg

leica-gf1.jpg

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Hey, I didn't know that I'm giving my daughter my old Leica! Maybe I'll keep it and give her my OM-D instead.

G

Markb

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark

Latest threads

Top Bottom