The Real Poor Man's Leica!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by vincechu, Mar 20, 2010.

1. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

2. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Haha. Looking at the linked photo in the image, having the leatherette cover hide the GF1 logo somehow looks good to me :)

3. vincechu

Don't forget to stick on a Leica badge :wink: :biggrin:

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    how silly this is ,lol a gf1 type machine... GmbH ???? never happen .

everyone knows Leica would never stoop to making an affordably priced machine everyone could enjoy , instead it uses a good full frame sensor from rodchester NY and marries it to yesterdays technology complete with quaint throwbacks like removable baseplate's and rangefinder only focusing... but hey ,

dont get me wrong , .....its built like a posh tank with rare quality ,and breathtaking lenses ... and prices , but at the end of the day it is for many its just more elitist masturbation and bragging rights for most of the clowns wearing this photo jewelery who wouldnt know an f-stop from an f- you .and boy, ive met a few.

many good people , have leica too ...of course , and deservedly so .my misgivings are NOT aimed your way.
    but Leica seems , at times , to me ,just a photo candy store for the filthy rich ,and it a rare photographer with soul and craft who find themselves blessed with insanely priced leica photo gems and actually know what to do with it
    would i like to own it ?, ...well yeah .... im critical and antifascism and anti- all the new rich evil in the world. yadda yadda.....but ain`t quite crazy yet !!!!!

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Where can I order the sticker :) I can so see myself doing this to the E-P2 ;) Then taping them both up like Bill says...

LoL.

6. vincechu

lol relax, it's just a GF1 which someone has stuck a leatherette and leica badge on it - just for the laughs ;-)

Though I totally agree about Leica's breath taking lenses and ridiculous prices - thats why I love the voigtlander lenses which, IMO, are great value for money considering what you can do with them - guessing from your user name u're a fan/owner of CV gear? :smile:

7. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I like my Leica.

[​IMG]

1/10th Sec, F1.5, ISO 1250, uncoated 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 that I remounted into a Jupiter-3 LTM mount, Table Candle for lighting.

I like that it is an anachronism. It's the closest thing that a Digital camera can be to the old cameras that I grew up using. I paid my dues with Digital Cameras, started using them in 1981- back when we had to make our own stuff. I did the software.

8. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    yes 28 1.9 ultron 50 1.5 nokton and 15 4.5 heliar voigtlander in the arsenal.

glad you know its all in jest ,loland cheers

9. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009
    One more with the M8, and the uncoated Sonnar. ISO 160 this time, at F4.

[​IMG]

It's an anachronism, and I am old. Good match-up.

10. NikonD300

NikonD300 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Leica Love

I still love my M6! No camera has a quieter shutter and so perfect for street work. I love my GX1 too, but it will be long dead while my M6 will be passed along to my grandchildren.

11. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    These have been around for a while ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey, I didn't know that I'm giving my daughter my old Leica! Maybe I'll keep it and give her my OM-D instead.

G

13. NicolasGOD

NicolasGOD Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Riyadh, KSA / France
    Real Poor man , but the Lens on it is a Noctilus from Leica as it seems .... not so cheap.

14. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark