The Rain in Spain....

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hey Colin, thanks for this great BW series. Though I don't like rain at all, do you?
Tomorrow it's 26 C and a bit of wet, I can live with that.
I just can't stand the rain!

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Colin, thanks for your message. I'm Dutch, my best friend (my wife) is German, our cat Siamese is Frysian. We all love warm weather. How's weather in the southern part of Spain?

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
Rain

I shouldn't have tempted fate by bringing up this topic. It's been pouring down nonstop since last night. Between 21.00 and 8.00 this morning the airport recorded 97 litres/m2. There's flooding everywhere, roads are closed, a restaurant has almost been washed into the sea, a campsite on the coast has caravans floating around.... The province is on orange alert (one before red). The news has just said we can expect up to 50 litres/m2/hour this afternoon and evening. At the moment it's absolutely pouring down. Sunny Spain?

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I'm particularly fond of number 3. There's something about that man's head turning look as he's walking.

I don't have photoshop, but this is a case were I sort of wish that the woman with the white jacket was off camera. I don't know if you can do this Colin, or if you'd even want to... I think this photograph might be even stronger without us knowing, or assuming we know, what this fellow was looking at with such seeming intensity. The question of what caught his interest and the black and white treatment, plus the architecture, the lighting and the wet stone pavement... What do you think?

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm particularly fond of number 3. There's something about that man's head turning look as he's walking.

I don't have photoshop, but this is a case were I sort of wish that the woman with the white jacket was off camera. I don't know if you can do this Colin, or if you'd even want to... I think this photograph might be even stronger without us knowing, or assuming we know, what this fellow was looking at with such seeming intensity. The question of what caught his interest and the black and white treatment, plus the architecture, the lighting and the wet stone pavement... What do you think?
First, I love the shots, and BW is a great choice.

I agree with BBW about the 3rd one. If you were to crop just to the left of the woman in white, we would be wondering what the guy is looking at. that sense of mystery can really give a photograph some life. It doesn't always work out, but maybe worth a try...

Sorry to hear about the flooding...

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
You're a magician!! Yes, I do very much, Colin.:bravo-009:

I'm convinced that once I get my new computer, I'll be getting a hold of Photoshop Elements to be able to do something like this so that if I were ever to have such a great shot but needed to remove a little something, I could do it.

I'm happy that you feel it works better for you.

Christilou

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Lovely pictures here. Nice glimmers of light reflecting on the wet tiles (aren't they lethal when they get wet?!) and lots of interest in the streets. I notice that Malaga had drizzle yesterday although the forecast is good :smile: Certainly hope you get some better weather soon!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom