1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Rain in Spain....

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by angloasturian, Jun 9, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

...falls mainly where I live.

• Like Like x 4
  2. las Palm as

las Palm as Mu-43 Regular

Asturias!! Muy buenas fotos!! Este domingo voy pa ya a ver si no llueve..

Good photos! i will be on Asturias this weekend, hope no rain.

Saludos de Las Palmas.

Regards from Las Palmas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. inthecage

inthecage Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    North Ohio
    M Ferencz
    Really nice! The reflection of water on the dark streets is really beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hey Colin, thanks for this great BW series. Though I don't like rain at all, do you?
    Tomorrow it's 26 C and a bit of wet, I can live with that.
    I just can't stand the rain!

• Like Like x 1
  5. angloasturian

Rain

Thanks Herman. I don't mind rain (remember I'm English) or I wouldn't still be living here after 41 years!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Colin, thanks for your message. I'm Dutch, my best friend (my wife) is German, our cat Siamese is Frysian. We all love warm weather. How's weather in the southern part of Spain?

7. las Palm as

las Palm as Mu-43 Regular

Hello Herman, i recommend you, canary island, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, sun and relax...

8. angloasturian

Weather

Herman, The forecast for Malaga (Costa del Sol) for tomorrow is 28ºC and sunny. Here it's 18ºC and rain.

9. angloasturian

Rain

I shouldn't have tempted fate by bringing up this topic. It's been pouring down nonstop since last night. Between 21.00 and 8.00 this morning the airport recorded 97 litres/m2. There's flooding everywhere, roads are closed, a restaurant has almost been washed into the sea, a campsite on the coast has caravans floating around.... The province is on orange alert (one before red). The news has just said we can expect up to 50 litres/m2/hour this afternoon and evening. At the moment it's absolutely pouring down. Sunny Spain?

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm particularly fond of number 3. There's something about that man's head turning look as he's walking.

I don't have photoshop, but this is a case were I sort of wish that the woman with the white jacket was off camera. I don't know if you can do this Colin, or if you'd even want to... I think this photograph might be even stronger without us knowing, or assuming we know, what this fellow was looking at with such seeming intensity. The question of what caught his interest and the black and white treatment, plus the architecture, the lighting and the wet stone pavement... What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  11. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    nice set of images

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    First, I love the shots, and BW is a great choice.

I agree with BBW about the 3rd one. If you were to crop just to the left of the woman in white, we would be wondering what the guy is looking at. that sense of mystery can really give a photograph some life. It doesn't always work out, but maybe worth a try...

Sorry to hear about the flooding...

• Like Like x 1
  13. angloasturian

Retouched photo

BBW, Your wish is my command. Do you prefer this version? I do. Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BBW

You're a magician!! Yes, I do very much, Colin.:bravo-009:

I'm convinced that once I get my new computer, I'll be getting a hold of Photoshop Elements to be able to do something like this so that if I were ever to have such a great shot but needed to remove a little something, I could do it.

I'm happy that you feel it works better for you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. angloasturian

Photoshop

BBW, before splashing out on Photoshop, try downloading Photoscape 3.5. It's free and very comprehensive. In fact I used its Clone Stamp to retouch this photo.

16. BBW

Does it work on a Mac with Snow Leopard? Of course I can check this out myself. Thank you for the recommendation, and please call me "BB". I should have just used that as my "handle" here.

17. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Lovely pictures here. Nice glimmers of light reflecting on the wet tiles (aren't they lethal when they get wet?!) and lots of interest in the streets. I notice that Malaga had drizzle yesterday although the forecast is good :smile: Certainly hope you get some better weather soon!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Great set of images. I love B&W!

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Nomad

The Nomad New to Mu-43

Jun 27, 2010
    Paris - France
    Where are the pictures?

Strangely, I can't see any pictures in this thread. Are they already wiped out?

20. BBW

It seems they are missing. I will contact the original poster, Colin, to see what has happened and report back. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Nomad!