The QVB in Sydney with my OM-D E-M5 + 14mm Panasonic

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dnightingale, May 23, 2013.

1. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    I had a little spare time this morning after some work in the city, so I took some shots inside the QVB with my E-M5 and Panasonic 14mm. All hand held with reasonably low shutter speeds (for my shaky hands) @ ISO400.

In the past, I've rarely used this combination of camera and lens (for no particular reason) and have recently started using it a little more than usual.

Apart from noticeable purple fringing, particularly in the corners / edges, that seemed easy enough to correct, I've found some new love and respect for this tiny lens. I can't wait to try the Oly 12mm, though have put it off recently in favor of alternative purchases. I think it's back on my list.

The full set of images from this morning can be found in my Flickr set

QVB Sydney - a set on Flickr

<a href="" title="QVB#17 by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="QVB#17"></a>

<a href="" title="QVB#4 by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="QVB#4"></a>

<a href="" title="QVB#6 by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="QVB#6"></a>

<a href="" title="QVB#2 by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="QVB#2"></a>
  2. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Intense colors! Well done!
  3. thom@s

thom@s Mu-43 Rookie

May 15, 2013
    Toulouse, France
    It reminds me of my last business trip. Nice shots of the QV building dnightingale !
  4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Beautiful pics Darren .This is a spectacular lens:2thumbs:
  5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Beautiful captures. A shopping mall can be an intimidating photographic subject becasue it has hundreds of distractions. Your images are succesful in conveying the colors and intracacies in the designs and hte architecture without getting lost.