The Propaganda Game Documentary - Olympus gear

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by cacadepollo, Jan 2, 2016.

1. cacadepollo

cacadepollo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    I just finished watching a documentary called "The Propaganda Game" on Instant Netflix. Within it, I saw a few of the filmmakers filming with Olympus gear - the first time I've seen olympus gear being used to film. I wasn't sure what footage was from the Olympus gear, but I'm guessing all the handheld stuff was.

I don't know why I'm posting this, except that i guess I'm just sharing the info, just in case any of yall are curious on how olympus video looks like in a pretty bonafied doc.

have any of yall seen this film?
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Slightly unrelated however if you want to see a blockbuster movie which was partly filmed using Olympus cameras watch Mad Max (the new one), they used Olympus EM-5's as disposable cameras for action scenes on the initial filming (later scenes used blackmagic design cams, which didn't exist at the start of filming).

The lack of high resolution (4k) didn't impact their use as they were used for quick cuts of action, you're not meant to look closely at it for fine detail (you're not given enough time to do so anyway). There was also a few Canon 5d mk II's used as well (I'm not entirely sure which scenes were which camera, I don't microanalyze movies to that degree).
    • Like Like x 2
  3. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

I saw it recently and I immediately noticed the E-M1 (R0de mike on top). Not sure which parts were filmed with the E-M1 though, but same here - first time I've seen Olympus equipment used like this. This documentary has been shot on multiple cameras: Sony F55, Canon C300, Canon 7D - and the E-M1.