The Progression to m43 Quite Sensible (for some people)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gr8Shot, Nov 29, 2013.

1. gr8Shot

gr8Shot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 13, 2013
  2. JamieW

JamieW Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    This is an M4/3 forum. You're preaching to the choir.

Go shooting, we want more photos. :)
  3. faberryman

faberryman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2013
  4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
  5. Photorebel

Photorebel Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2013
    Jeff Mims
    Great post. Same reason I went with M-4/3rds…convenience and practicality. Although I don't feel like I give up that much in IQ. Yes..there is difference, but it's not enough for me to give up the convince and practicality. The dslr that stays in my closet will never take as good pictures as I make with the m-4/3 I have with me.
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I didn't start carrying less weight when I switched to mirrorless; I started carrying more cameras and lenses. Now I rarely waste time changing lenses, I almost never have to say "damn, I left that lens at home!", I can have a choice in camera capability, size and output, and get to use cameras that are smaller, more maneuverable, able to get in places and positions a larger camera can't, and have the most advanced user interfaces of any cameras going around.

So, the choice to use these types of camera doesn't just have to be about not being motivated enough to carrry a decent sized bag of gear around, but whatever way you look at it a mirrorless camera is more likely to get the shot, a shot, any shot than a big DSLR.
    • Like Like x 1