1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Polaroid Factory - 16 Photos

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    http://www.the-impossible-project.com/2009 :thumbup:

Please enjoy ! In this factory are BW films produced, later this year colour films too.
    More information on the new company: www. theimpossibleproject.com

Comments are welcome.

2. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Herman, thanks a lot - hartelijke dank!
    When I think about Polaroid I'm in a sentimental mood. Many years working for JVCs tape business I spent a lot of time with the Polaroid people. The meetings had been done in Enschede, at our office in Germany and one time per year in Cambridge/Mass..
    Good o'l times......

From a friend I got two SX70 cameras, both are loaded with the packages from the Impossible Project and I'll hope that they get the breakthrough with this project.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Bernd for your kind words. I have been working at polaroid in Enschede (The Netherlands) as an hardware engineer for some time. I was located there via a consulting agency.
    Unfortunately I don't have a pol camera...
    Maybe you can show us how pol images look like?

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Herman, the world is small.....:thumbup:

during my visits in Enschede I was so astonished to see the workers smoking inside the huge manufacuring halls. They told me "don't worry, the production is lightless running inside these big black rooms, no smoke/light can get inside. This was totally the opposit to our clean-room assy lines for videotapes assembling.......

At those times Mr. Hennie Speek was the dutch purchase manager, a very fair partner in our discussions. Pola was our OEM customer for VHS tapes under their brand name.

Herman, you need no cam, only this little program:biggrin:

http://www.poladroid.net/

As you I had no Polacamera during this time. The plastic cameras were sooo ugly and the SX-70 (Alading) was expensive - but at this time I had nothing with photography - only windsurfing in Zeeland (Brouwershaven and Zonnemaire).

Cheers
    Bernd

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Bernd, I will take a look at the program.