The Pinwide - 11mm Pinhole Photography for Micro 4/3

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I received an email from Wanderlust Cameras about the development of a wide angle pinhole cap for Micro 4/3 cameras called the Pinwide:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Pinwide is an 11mm pinhole cap. They achieved this wide angle of view by recessing the pinhole within the camera as shown in the above graphics.

I placed my pre-order after browsing through their image samples: Wanderlust Cameras : Gallery

The Pinwide is both wider (11mm vs 18mm) and less expensive ($39 shipped vs $60 plus shipping) than the Skink Pinhole cap currently sold on Ebay, but there is a catch. Wanderlust Cameras will only be able to manufacture the Pinwide for sale if they receive ~150 pre-orders. You will not be charged unless the project is funded.

I hope some of you will join me in pre-ordering, because I'd really like to get my Pinwide!

More information: Wanderlust Cameras : Pinwide

Pre-order: Pinwide cap for Micro 4/3 by Wanderlust Cameras — Kickstarter

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
Let's face it - their Gallery is gorgeous ! Always had that Skink Pinhole somewhere in the back of my mind, what they have here looks like an even better option - I'm #39, thanks for the pointer !

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm tempted ... perhaps I'll head home to attack my spare body-cap with a nail ... mind you, $40 isn't a whole lot to invest

EDIT: Done, #45 I think (how do you know? Or did I miss something?)

Timm

Mu-43 Regular
Very tempting.
I'm curious about the cat picture in their gallery though. Wouldn't you need a several second exposure with a tripod to capture something at f/96-f/128 ? Most of the other still life and landscape shots are easy enough but how did they get the cat to hold still?

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
Very tempting.
I'm curious about the cat picture in their gallery though. Wouldn't you need a several second exposure with a tripod to capture something at f/96-f/128 ? Most of the other still life and landscape shots are easy enough but how did they get the cat to hold still?
Exif says 1 second @ ISO 800. Maybe they simply used a lot of glue ?

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
#53, 2nd best thing I (potentially) paid for today! (ordered my Pentax K-5, woohoo!)

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Kinda funny they are 1/3 of the way there in about 6 hours. I think their under-estimation lies in the breadth of Micro 4/3 users that are willing to try new things (like, micro 4/3 for instance, haha). Heck, most of us pay that much for one (or more) lens adapters!

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Wait till Panny and Oly find out they missed the boat.
The m43 users are the most versatile out there. The good ones are members of this forum!
Yeah they'll be ticked because they'd have missed out on $150 profit a piece!

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
hrmm, quite interesting. Seems like a lot for a cap with a hole in it (even more so for the other product). Tho, I am tempted

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
From my point of view, $39 for someone's ingenuity, enthusiasm and design skills, and to be in at the beginning of what we hope will be a well-produced small-volume item ... well, it seems good value ... plus, even if I take only 100 photos with it, they will have cost only 39c a shot ... plus, by the time it gets charged to my credit card, I'm hoping Sterling will have strengthened against the Dollar and it'll cost me hardly anything at all ...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom