1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Perks of Working Saturdays

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by tomservoca, Jul 28, 2010.

1. tomservoca

tomservoca Mu-43 Regular

Jul 17, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Saturdays in the OCC at North Cariboo are pretty quiet. A medevac or two, hotelling for the upcoming weeks for the aircrew and AME's drifting in and out working on aircraft.

Last Saturday an AME from Aero was in, working on AQN's "C" check. Over a coffee, we got to talking about piston pounders and he turned to me and asked: "Wanna see something cool?"

"Should I bring my camera?"

"Oh yeah, bring it."

So, into the ramp truck and drive over to the Esso Avitat ramp and lo and behold this beautiful beast:

[​IMG]

C-GVWC was enroute to the Lethbridge Airshow, but had to stop in YYC to fix a hydraulic problem. That got fixed and then an engine problem sprung up. It took a while to get that old Pratt and Whitney going:

[​IMG]
    You can see the gas on the ramp that was being spit out as the engine tried to fire.

Yup, sometimes it is worth coming to work on a Saturday. And it's always worth carrying the E-P2 with me.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Locster

Locster Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2010
    Some of my favorite memories from my childhood was going to an airshow with my old man. The birds look beautiful here. Have you tried them in b&w?

3. off-topic reply

Me too: it was the EAA show in Rockford before they moved to Oshkosh.
    I had a little Kodak Instamatic back then, but I have no idea what happened to all the slides (Kodachrome!) that I took with it.

4. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Fantastic John, thanks for sharing...

Cheers

Brian

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Tom! Another nice thread for "aviationophiles"! There definitely seems to be a universal pull for many, even those of us who aren't pilots, towards propeller planes in particular.

Perhaps it's time for a Words/No Words Aviation thread?