The Perils of owning an EP-2

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by tomservoca, Jul 18, 2010.

1. tomservoca

tomservoca Mu-43 Regular

Jul 17, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    One of the perils of having high quality, extremely portable kit is that you have it with you all the time and when people find out, they invariably inveigle you into doing some work as part of the "other duties as assigned"

So, the training manager wandered in and shoved a sheaf of badly photocopied images relating to B200 Walk Arounds, something every F/O does prior to flight. "Need these for a ground school on Monday".

Again, the EP-2 was stellar, and I just stuck with the kit lens this time, no legacy glass.

Not a lot of art here, just dull industrial training pictures

"Ensure Main Fuel filler cap is secure"
    [​IMG]

"Inspect propellors for nicks and inspect for damage to de-ice boots"
    [​IMG]

"Inspect Landing lights and Pitot Tubes"
    [​IMG]

And so on. Not the most thrilling shooting, but interesting.

Gallery here

Thanks to C-GZRX for acting as my model.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Ok, I've gone through all the pictures. Do I pass trainning school? do I get my certification now? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Aren't they lucky you had your E-P2 with you?:2thumbs:

Those are some mean looking propellors!

All crystal clear shots with great color.:smile:

4. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Great pics John... is that a King Air 200 or 300. I've been on both many times, great little planes.

5. tomservoca

tomservoca Mu-43 Regular

Jul 17, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    King Air 200. We run 5 200's, 2 B100's (with the Garrets), 5 100's, 4 1900D's 1 1900C and 5 Dashes (2 102's and 2 106's and 1 300 Series)

6. JaoQuinz

JaoQuinz Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 4, 2010
    Yeah it is a double edged sword isn't it? I carry my GF1 everywhere now with the 20mm pancake and I feel the need to take everything i see now. Sometimes I even move to a better perspective just to get a better compo of the shot based on the direction of the sunlight haha.