The pain of letting go

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
Today I culled my herd of cameras a bit more. Gone is my collection of Cosina Voigtländer rangefinder cameras and lenses. When I first acquired these cameras I had been shooting digital for some time. I had an urge to experience interchangeable rangefinder photography without the expense of Leica gear. My accumulation consisted of 3 bodies and seven lenses with assorted viewfinders and accessories. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting with these cameras. After venturing into the u4/3 system the Voigtländer gear saw less use until about two years passed without venturing from my house to photograph with these amazing cameras. After much thought I had to let them go. They are already missed especially when I see the empty space where they once were lovingly kept.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

On the bright side I did get enough cash to purchase a Panasonic 12~35/2.8 and 35~100/2.8 with a bit leftover to help fill the emptiness.

Mike

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
So pretty! Voigtlander has always struck a chord with me...

•••GX1+LVF-2+Olympus 17mm f/2.8, GF3; Konica FS-1, C35v; various lenses•••

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have a bag full of Voigtlander, Minolta and Leica M mount lenses that I was using with my m4/3 E-P series of cameras, but became frustrated with the awkwardness of using them on those bodies. After I got the E-M1, which works so much better with these lenses, I've reverted to the 4-3s lenses that I enjoy so much. I'm not sure what to do with these lenses; I'm currently keeping them thinking I might consider an A7 or the like, but probably never will.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
I'm having the pain of letting go too. just sold two phones and an ipod on the internet, not as painful as this feels though:rolleyes:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
He'd probably love them, all but the Minolta and Leica are in pretty much mint condition and the former are in excellent condition. I've been thinking of contacting some of our camera stores and seeing whether they'd be interested in the lenses as a complete lot. I've thought of eBay, but it can be a pain in the butt.

bwc1976

Mu-43 Rookie
I remember the time I sold a bunch of Minolta stuff, a Ricoh GR1s, and a couple ham radios to pay the rent 10 years ago. :( Still have one Minolta X-700 (whose 50mm lens I still use sometimes on my E-PM1), an Olympus XA (still nothing affordable and digital that's as small and as good), and a Seagull TLR that I still hope to take out for a spin again one day. Still have my ham license, but every time I think about buying a radio, I remember I spent far more time listening than talking, and every dollar I spent on ham stuff would have been far better used on camera stuff.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom