The One That Got Away

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Arggggh! I had been trying to get a good closeup of some of the water birds in flight and though I had one but just missed it. The auto-focus would often just not seem to activate when I was trying to track the closer birds so many of them were not focused. If anybody has some tricks and tips for capturing birds in flight I am all ears.

These were all shot with the GF1 with the 45-200.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was able to get a few from a distance where tracking was easier:

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
I'm very interested in hearing people's tips on this too. Autofocus on my E-PL1 is a tad slow and cumbersome if I just point and click (even my ageing Canon 350D is considerably faster, although I realise contrast detection is slower in general).

Note that I have the small focus box configured, but it still requires a button press to activate it. Any way to make it the default? I'd also like to have an easy way to re-center the small autofocus box: it always remembers the last focus point.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom