1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Olympus M.60mm Macro for studio work

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by quatchi, Jul 14, 2014.

1. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I am doing studio sessions very rarely (I am more of a landscape guy). Whenever I get the chance to take some snaps indoors, however, I almost always fall back to the Olympus M.60mm Macro lens. Especially when the temporary studio (as in my case) has only limited space. Attached is an example shot (more examples to follow once I have processed them). I like how one can get close in order to catch some details as well as having a nice focal length for full head portraits. I haven't tried half or full body portraits, though.

What's your take on studio work with the 60mm?

<div class="pixels-photo">
    4. "Photograph Into the Soul by quatchi on 500px">
    <a href="http://500px.com/photo/76599155/into-the-soul-by-olli-h-">Into the Soul by quatchi on 500px</a>
    </div>

• Like Like x 10
  2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I haven't done any "studio" work yet with it, but I find it's an amazing lens for portrait and landscape regardless and I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

3. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Ok, it's been a while, but here is another photo as promised. It's from the same shot, taken with the Oly 60mm Macro. The lightening setup was one Octabox from above, a softbox from below (the "traditional clam" setup) and a fill light for the background.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5