The official "Macro" thread

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Hi, the 36R cycle time doesn't matter much if you use Eneloops and don't shoot full power or very rapidly.
That said, the 600R can be found under $100USD, used.
I have, and use, both together.
Can I get some recommendation for a flash unit? I have been using the tiny unit that came with the camera (Fl-LM3). I was reading about FL-36R and Fl-600R and there are some conflicting reports about FL-36R's recharge time. 36R is significantly cheaper than 600R and my use will be mostly for macros. Should I bite the bullet and get more future-proof 600R? 600R also seems to have video light which may be useful...? The other option that I was evaluating was Adorama's flashpoint mini zoom which needs a separate transmitter since camera cannot control it remotely like 36R/600R. It is admirably small though (I had it for Sony earlier). Any comments on how big/small 36R/600R are as compared to flashpoint mini?

Real Name
Richard
I have 2x FL50r and a Metz unit and some Cactus transceivers.

Having done lots of research, If I were starting again I would buy the Godox system.

Only thing I would miss that the Olympus units have that others don’t though is good old fashioned ‘A’ mode. Really useful for fill in - set camera to manual, flash 2 stops under and just leave as is. I tend to get more predictable results than when using TTL auto.

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom