1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Official 100 Things I Hate about m4/3 Thread.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by flash, Sep 20, 2011.

1. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Sure. We’re all basically m4/3 fanboys and fangirls here. But no system is perfect and there’s plenty to complain about and plenty that can be improved. So here’s your chance. A single repository for all the things that are wrong with m4/3.

Not everyone’s going to agree. What you hate I may love. But there will be absolutely no positivity at all allowed in this thread, unless you’re agreeing with someone else’s hate. It’s not a discussion or a debate. It’s a rant, pure and simple. Have some fun with it. Think of something in m4/3 that lets you down and let’s here it. It’s negative all the way. Unless you say something technically wrong ( a feature you say a camera needs when it already has it, for example). If you’ve got something positive to say save it for somewhere else like this thread..

https://www.mu-43.com/f35/official-100-things-i-love-about-m4-3-thread-16575/#post151311

So I’ll start....
    1.What’s the point of having live view on the GH2 if it doesn’t look anything like the final image?
    2. No wireless flash system for Panasonic cameras.
    3. No orientation sensor if you don’t use an OIS lens on a Panny body. 50 dollar compacts have an orientation sensor.
    4. Olympus make second tier lenses for m4/3 compared to 4/3.
    5. No primes longer than 45mm.
    6. No fast constant aperture zooms except the 7-14.
    7. Where’s the Pen pro? Sony have had the NEX system for almost no time and we have the NEX7 coming??
    8. No vertical grip for the G or GH series cameras from Panasonic.
    9. No separate in camera sensor for TTL flash metering.
    10. Olympus...... We do want more than 12mp. OK?

• Like Like x 2
  2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    11. It made me buy over 50 legacy lenses. I had to. Resistance was futile.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    12. Recent models from Panasonic are really dumbed down compared to their direct predecessors (think about GF1->GF2->GF3 or G2->G3).
    13. Dynamic range still somewhat inferior to some APS-C cameras.
    14. Heavy reliance on software correction of lens distortions and aberrations means not all RAW converters are equally useful (I love the colors from RPP, but can't use it because it doesn't autocorrect images based on lens profiles).

• Like Like x 3
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    15. DR and smooth color transitions are somewhat lacking when viewed on screen (but they print fine)
    16. I'd like a pen with a built in EVF (ala NEX7 body type)
    17. I don't like the Yen to Dollar translation :(

That's about it!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    18. Where's that &$%#* 45mm f1.8?

• Like Like x 5
  6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Too late, It's at Oly store already, lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    +1000000!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    19. No "Peaking" MF feature like the NEX system...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    19. clean high ISO like a 5d2 =)

• Like Like x 3
  10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting thread concept . . .

20. If m4/3 is going to be a viable alternative to DSLR's the sensor needs to be at least aps-c size. It's all that prevents me from selling my 40D and kit. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    21. no 135L equivalent

• Like Like x 1
  12. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    21. Lack of cross brand harmony regarding IBIS versus OIS.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Make that 22. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the gf1 owner who doesn't really care for touchscreen interfaces REALLY wants to know where the &$%#* the gf7 (or gfPRO.....or whatever the heck they are going to call it) is? Seriously, I'm THIS close to buying an E-P3 (oh God, it's too beautiful), but I know the followup to the gf1 that is reportedly coming will be the one for me.

But don't make me wait much longer Panasonic.....I started looking at entirely different camera systems today, I'm getting so impatient. Does anyone want to sell me their gently used Pentax DSLR?

19. (sorry, I had to let off some steam....) BOTH companies, but especially Panasonic ignoring the wants of a VERY vocal group who wants (and will pay for) a camera with tactile controls and a proper built-in viewfinder IN a RANGE-finder shaped body (don't get your undies in a bundle over that description....you know what I mean.....no DSLR hump...and the G3 is NOT what I'm talking about).

OOooooooooooohhhhhhh, I'm so angry now, I'm thinking about garbage low light performance, crappy high ISOs and the lack of a quality fast zoom, and on and on.......aRRRRRRRRRGHH.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I was so angry that while I was typing that there 5 or 6 posts.. Whew!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    23. Can't pretend I'm a pro like the rest of the soccer moms with their Rebel XTine+ "zoomed out" kit lens.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Are you serious? First, if it had a sensor the size of APS-C it wouldn't be m43. Second, if it had a sensor the size of APS-C it would have lenses the size of the NEX. There are a lot of things to complain about with m43 but the sensor size can't really be one of them.

Sort of like complaining about apples because they don't taste like grapes.

God I hope this was a joke.

EDIT: if this was a joke, and it went clear over my head, then I'm sorry for being such a jerk!

• Like Like x 2
  18. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Get rid of the plastic panny g bodies

#24 .I want a metal G series body, Plastic is for wrapping up your peanut butter and jelly sandwitch's in.:rofl:

There I got if off my chest.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    #25. High cost of lenses which have a lot less glass yet cost more than many APS-C let alone FF counterparts. No cheap lenses for entry level users such as Nifty Fifty for ~$100. High cost of accessories.
    #26. No useful built-in features such as HDR, panorama, selective color, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    #27 - Panasonic build-quality/fit and finish. I want the functionality and form of my GH2 with build-quality like my old E-3.

Just because it's compact DOES NOT mean it has to feel like a $200 P&S :/ It's a $1000 camera ffs - make it feel like one...

#28 - It made me sell a beautiful X100 just so I could buy more fast Pentax-K lenses. Adapter lenses and MFT are like a black-hole of addictions...

• Like Like x 3