1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Octoberfest Photofest PAD for Serious Compacts

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Luke, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Hello fellow micro four thirds enthusiasts. I tend to hang out more at the Serious Compacts sister site because I appreciate the smaller group and I can avoid the Oly vs. Panasonic threads easier that way :rolleyes:.

Anyways, we are having a Photo A Day Challenge over there and all are welcome to partake. There are only 2 rules.

1. Take a photo each day and add it to the thread
    2. Don't discuss gear

It started as a way to re-focus our attention on the important stuff.....the photographs.

If a simple Photo A Day project is too simple or beneath you, we welcome people to try completing our scavenger hunt list of 31 themes.

We welcome all friendly photographers with any gear (we'd prefer to not see any DSLR shots, but we do welcome any camera that YOU consider a serious compact.....and of course ALL m43 camera are).

If you enjoy photography, a challenge and friendly folks, head over here Octoberfest Photofest Rules & Scavenger Hunt List to read up on it and get ready to take and share a photo every day......

• Like Like x 6
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for moderating this challenge and sharing here, Luke!

I like Kristen's scavenger hunt list and had fun with our similar May Prompts challenge, so that is the way I am going. I know we had a few mu-43 members participating in May, and hope we have some new people there this go around!

Link to the challenge sub forum over on SC:
    Octoberfest Photofest 2012

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    The scavenger hunt list looks pretty challenging. I'm gonna give it the old college try, but I'm not going to get hung up if I can't do them all. I'm more focused on getting a decent shot every day, but I do like the challenge.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The scavenger hunt idea sounds like fun, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    The May Challenge scavenger hunt was a lot of fun, but the only way I got through them was by shooting bunches when I had time/luck. For October I am thinking of the list as a separate challenge outside of the photo-a-day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Hopefully we'll see you over there RevBob. The more the merrier. Bhupinder, I'm taking your "thanks" as a silent admission that you will try to to join in the fun as well. We'd love to have you.

7. tacomadm18

tacomadm18 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2012
    NJ
    I just signed up - looks like fun -

8. Kollár

Kollár New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2012
    brazil
    Kollár Benedek
    this scavengers looks pretty awesome to me and it would be an adventure to just participate in it