1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The not so Big Ben

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by jgharold, Feb 20, 2013.

1. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 11
  2. jchercon

jchercon Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Barcelona, Spain
    José
    Congratulations! Both captures are great, but I've really enjoyed the first one, I couldn't do anything but stare at it for a few minutes. Thanks for sharing your photos

• Like Like x 2
  3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Beautiful compositions. They made me want to be there. With a camera.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Both are really beautiful, but I tend to prefer the second. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  5. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    nice photos! I was just there last month. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. colonelpurple

colonelpurple Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    very nice
    out of interest, where were you standing ?

7. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Very nice. Good compositions on both.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLT

BLT Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    London
    James
    Nice Image man. I'd love to see a version of little ben that was a little less processed looking as well. Not that I don't like the way it's looking there too!

I also can't decide if I want you to remove the plane from the photo. . . . I don't normally edit photos in that way, but in this case I am unsure. I don't like the idea of editing out part of the 'moment' especially a whole planes worth of people in a photo of a city (both defining imagery of man) . . . but . . . it just might look better without it?

Excuse my ramblings. Nice shots!

9. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Hi, I was standing on Waterloo bridge road looking down over Belvedere Road.

10. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments, I also thought about removing the plane but I just couldn't make my mind up as it does echo the cit landscape but at the same time slightly distracts your eye from the wheel and Big Ben. I think i will have to give it a go to satisfy curiosity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.