The New York Meet & Greet Group

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Sorry for the delay. I think we have a date and an idea of what we will be doing in terms of a schedule, exact NYC location/neighborhood is up in the air but plan is for a Saturday in late June. I should have more info shortly.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello fellow new Yorkers. I hope i get the chance to join you all on this meet you have planned. Even tho I had joined this site several months ago it was not until 2 weeks ago that I purchased my micro four thirds camera body and shortly thereafter received it. The first digital camera I ever owned also, so i am still learning how to use it..
I find I Miss the dark room allot this semester. But not the time i spend in it, although my photos now look 10 times worse than any print i had produced from film. Oh well, that's a discussion for another time..

Any way, Last year in October, with my trusty Minolta x700 in hand I spent a day (a Friday) walking around and visiting the galleries in Chelsy. At the end of the day before the sun set and i had to return to catch my buss home, i decided to walk along the new walking path built on the High-line and and discovered several nice photo opportunities of the city and NY harbor from a new perspective . Might a detour to the High-line during the NY meet, or a separate one there, interest anyone?

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Save the date! Saturday June 25th, 2011 we will be having our first Meet & Greet of members from mu4/3.com and seriouscompacts.com in New York City. I will soon begin searching for a place we can gather for breakfast before heading out on a mapped out 90 minute - 2 hour photo walk in Manhattan. After which we will try to meet up again. Please post here if you would like to attend or have any suggestions or comments. Looking forward to seeing you in NYC this summer!

Here is a link to the thread on seriouscompacts.com:
http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f32/new-york-meet-greet-group-1983/#post18433

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Ohh that's a Shame .. I was excited when i came across this thread and first read how the idea was to meet this spring, but i do not do well with heat, especially in NYC. I don't relish the idea of walking around that city in any kind of heat. That's why i usually pick the fall or spring to walk around, well that and the smells , :tongue:, but the heat brings those about too so i guess I'm back to the heat . Late June is always a Hot time , (by the way it'll be about the time of my birthday too..:yahoo:)..The Farmers almanac says for this month of June "hottest periods will occur in mid- to late June", and for the past ten years that day has averaged 84 degrees but as the day gets closer and if the weather man that week says it will not be too hot, and ends up being nice, than i will end up joining you. Until then i will just make my own plans to visit the city within the next few of weeks. I am only about 45 minutes away, so... what the heck, i guess ill plan my own lill trip and use some of the suggestions i read here. Hope everyone doesn't mind me stealing their suggestions :thumbup:

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
June 25th sounds ok to me....where ever we meet is fine....i park on/near sullivan st. great coffee shop called Third Rail.....will head out from there.......

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
just so we're up to speed..today is april 29th, and we're looking at june 25th...somewhere in NYC.....is that it so far?

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
for the NY meet and greet

it's may 24th....where do we stand? june 25 still a go ? if so where ?......thanks

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
I would contact LisaO,

She's running the NY meet and Greet....

Come to Boston if you want to, we'd love to have you.... :smile:

Alan

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Hi sorry folks, I had a family illness kept me away late May and June. Does anyone want to try to have a NYC meet up/photowalk in the autumn? I'll be away for the next 10 days but if anyone has suggestions for dates etc. that would be cool.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's been a while NY.

OK so is there anyone in NY that wants to meet for an outing NOW?

Who would be interested in a Poughkeepsie meet?

Ever since they finished the conversion of a fantastic old Rail Road Bridge over the Hudson, to a pedestrian bridge about 5 years ago, I have wanted to go.
Anyone wanna join?
Where else can you walk across the Hudson and not be bothered by Vehicle traffic; right?

photomonk

New to Mu-43
Greetings. For any that interested in the Hudson valley NY area, I am sure we can find a great place to shoot at. I am in if it is a Saturday or be it a Sunday afternoon. Let me know.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Greetings. For any that interested in the Hudson valley NY area, I am sure we can find a great place to shoot at. I am in if it is a Saturday or be it a Sunday afternoon. Let me know.
well apparently you and I are the only one interested in a Photo Shoot meet, and your just across the NBB from me. What did you think about the Idea i posted earlier regarding the old Rail Bridge?
Sorry I didn't reply to your post till now.. I haven't checked this thread in a while and for some reason didn't have notifications on.

Latest threads

Top Bottom