The new Olympus Workspace....a quick overview....

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Out of 3 machines I have tried it refuses to install on 2 of them, my Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 and a new HP Laptop. I believe this is because neither of these machines even have an NVIDIA GPU, the Surface is an i5 with 8GB, the HP an pi7 with 8GB. It does install, and run, on my Dell desktop. I have seen the posts regarding turning off the GPU within Workspace, of course that won't work when the message from the installer is that it won't install as the hardware is not compatible. If I can't run the program when I am working remote, no way can I use it on a regular basis.
I use Oly Workspace on my HP i7 laptop but it is still running Win7 though. Next year when it is no longer supported I may go for a desktop pc instead & hopefully I won't have these odd issues I keep reading about. I also use Capture One as well, but I do like to use Oly Workspace for a number of my images though.

nublar

Mu-43 Regular
Is this meant as a LR/DXO replacement? Does it have the lens/camera profiles for RAW adjustment?

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Is this meant as a LR/DXO replacement? Does it have the lens/camera profiles for RAW adjustment?
I would say it's not intended as a replacement for the various aftermarket photo editors; it's relatively basic. I like the photo stacking capability and the clone stamp tool. Think of it as a souped up version of Olympus Viewer 3. It has all the Olympus lens profiles baked in.

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
I use Oly Workspace on my HP i7 laptop but it is still running Win7 though. Next year when it is no longer supported I may go for a desktop pc instead & hopefully I won't have these odd issues I keep reading about. I also use Capture One as well, but I do like to use Oly Workspace for a number of my images though.
See my complete reply here with my findings from yesterday.

I do need to look further at the processing bits, especially as I try thinks like Focus Stacking, for now my primary use was to get my cameras/lenses updated.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom