• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] The Mu-43 Shopping Mall

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
sugoi, I just checked and all it does for me is bring me to my normal Amazon page. I don't recall ever seeing anything related to mu-43.com in the browser's heading, so I think you'll be OK. Please don't worry if you want to buy something, I'd just go ahead and do it. Meanwhile I'll see if I can get corroboration on the details, as well.

You're very kind to ask and to use the affiliate links.:flowers_2:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I made the affiliate links more visible by putting small banner ads on the top/right of each page. I hope they're not too distracting. I just want them to be visible enough to remind members of this way to help financially support the forums.

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
To be honest I find them a little annoying, but thats because I generally hate all "pollution" from comercials and ads. It is everywhere.

BUT I can live with it. No problem :smile:

And I really hope people will use the links when shopping online so mr. Amin can get some money to run this great forum.:thumbup:

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
if only other site made the ads big enuf to be seen and read but small enough not to overwhelm the internet would be a better place , i will be ordering my next camera
the samsung tl500 thru the affiliates probably adorama or b and h when its available

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Site Ads: Reciprocation

I think it would only be decent if those retailers with whom we are affiliated would place banner links on THEIR websites too, even if it's just in a special locale for those interested in such a thing.

Franky, I do not appreciate seeing advertising in places I visit and I limit my visits to those quiet spaces on the 'Net where advertising is not present. This has been handled tastefully here, and let's hope it stays that way.

Bokeh Diem

I made the affiliate links more visible by putting small banner ads on the top/right of each page. I hope they're not too distracting. I just want them to be visible enough to remind members of this way to help financially support the forums.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Belated thank you to Bokeh D for another recent donation and also to Martin (Malo1961) for another donation received today. Very much appreciated!

trisberg

Mu-43 Regular
Someone else mentioned this before but the links haven't changed so I thought I should mention this again. Most of the links don't seem to have anything indicating that the traffic would be coming from mu-43.com so how are you getting any credits for our purchases?

Looking at The Online Photographer's link for Amazon it says:
http://www.amazon.com/?tag=theonlinephot-20

while your link only says:
http://www.amazon.com/

Seems to me that you would need the tag piece in there.

-Thomas

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Thanks, Thomas and sugoi. We're using a program which is supposed to track the use of those links and credit us for the affiliate purchase. If you make a purchase via one of those links and don't mind telling me what it is, I'd really appreciate it, as that would give me a way to check that all is working.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Rats - I just spent $200 at Amazon two days ago and forgot all about this. I assume it is too late to get some credit for it.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry to say that it is, as far as I know. One needs to enter their site via this one for it to count. Don't feel badly Narnian, no doubt you'll be buying more from Amazon in the future.:wink:

Many thanks to all who have remembered! I know it's very helpful if you do post here to let Amin know.:thumbup:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom