The Moon HD Video using GH3

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by jdbastro, Apr 27, 2013.

1. jdbastro

jdbastro Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 22, 2013
    West Coast
    Took this last night thru a Takahashi Sky 90 telescope at f4.5 using a Panasonic GH3 camera in manual movie mode. Magnification is about 40X. Shutter speed was 1/1600 sec, ISO was 200. Made use of the GH3's extended teleconverter (ETC) for a 2.4X magnfication boost. Looks best at 1080P in full screen.

[ame=]Moon Real-Time Video at ~40X - YouTube[/ame]
  2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
  3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    That looks pretty good JD. Is there any way to sharpen videos as in post processing? I occasionally make some IR videos and they are typically not as well focused as your moon video and I have always been curious if one can sharpen a video.
  4. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012

I know in After Effects you can do adjustment layers that have the same sharpening options as Photoshop, you can do sharpening and unsharp mask.

Here is a great video tutorial, [ame=]How-To: Color Grading Tutorial! - YouTube[/ame] If you have never watched the Film Riot videos, you have to sit through a little silliness, and yes this video is on color grading, but the first part of grading is sharpening so the first part is how to sharpen up the video.
  5. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012

Great video, there is something amazing to watch the moons rotation, just show's how small we are and what an amazing universe we live in.