The model

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iansky, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I came across a photog shooting a model today when I was out in the country, it was a little windy so I held his light stand for a while then before I left I grabbed this shot.

OMD+75mm

. The_model.

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's a wonderful portrait.

3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    What is that thing behind her (obviously a distraction for me)? She looks very familiar somehow!

4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Great rendering, Ian.

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    She was sat on an old piece of quarry machinery and I did not want to get in the way of the photographer, or offend him by obviously encroaching on his shoot so shot this from further away with the 75mm.

He was shooting with a D800 and using a strobe into an umbrella for some fill light, the light was to the right of the model as you look at her (her left hand side), not sure how many images he took of her but he must have shot at least 30 in the short time I was there.

I think she was new to modelling as he was having to give her a lot of direction but she did well.

As I wanted to keep clear of his zone of work for my shot, I have cropped it quite a lot and converted to B&W using SFX then brought back a touch of colour before burning in around the edges to focus the view on her.

I would like to have spent more time but thought it rude so left.

6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Very Nice..