The Mirrorless Market

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
better advertisement could be the ticket... imagine the NY Subway like this.... some people might just then get an idea
Sorry for the "blurry quality" was shot in a hurry with my mobile... but as they say better sometimes to have a "crappy photo" than none at all

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Also, keep in mind that a lot of new wedding photographers come out of the "business machine" where their rig is often prescribed before they hit the floor as a primary. This is a business, so they don't really have time to fiddle with formats and camera models. Their camera, workflow, and printing system is usually carved in stone before they even do their first wedding - and it has to be because it's a constant hustle to get business.

A lot of them can't really say why they shoot with 5DmkIIIs or D600s or D800s. They just do. The camera has to come out, do it's job, go back into the case and be silent again until the next job. It's one of the reasons why I kinda roll my eyes when armchair photo critics say they're professional photographers. It's we amateurs who are more gear-aware. Professionals do it for the money unless their hobby intertwines with their business.
Professional musicians are the same way.

If the 'togger actually starts with m43, then well I suppose they work the tech into their product. But look at people like Jay Maisel saying dumb things about high-ISO shooting like "I know you can't do that on a Canon... I didn't tell you get a Canon did I?" He walks the streets with a D3s.

It's really tough to get your gear into hands of pros who are already on other systems.

Latest threads

Top Bottom