The Micro Four ThirdsTriad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
I stand by my suggestion 24x36 is a great example of what these cameras can do. Even though yes, with the right software, you can print even larger.
40x30 is even a better example of the system can do and doesn’t require any special software accomplish. Maybe you should reevaluate your systems capabilities?

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Sorry, but the OP seems to have misjudged his audience with his initial post, and then reacted somewhat unprofessionally to the critics of his marketing driven approach

well thats my opinion for what its worth

K

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Let me give you the facts demiro. I make a whopping $750.00 every three months for representing Lumix. In case you didn't notice the MFT Triad video and Blog post aren't just about Lumix but Olympus as well. Olympus pays me nothing. That said, I do have a biased interest and that is I want to see MFT succeed. Why? Because I've used all the big gear. I've had it all and I do not want to be forced to go back. In regards to my Blog? I make ZERO cash with my blog. It's literally a labor of love. What might you do for such little compensation I wonder?
I do quite a few things for zero compensation. But I in no way promote them. I do them because I recognize that others need help and I am in a position to provide some help. And also, selfishly, because it makes me feel good. If you are saying your self-promotion is just meant to benefit others then I'm guessing you're a bit delusional or a bit mendacious.

I don't claim to know what you get, in direct or indirect compensation, from your ambassadorship, nor do I care. But when you come in here with that relationship and basically say "you have to buy the most expensive gear..." you are making a pretty clear statement.

Maybe instead of your next pro lens you should buy this:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's fine for him to post here, and his OP had a disclosure stmt.

OTOH, does the $750 cover free or reduced price gear?

He also didn't answer some questions posed to him.

I also do not find this forum to have a lot pros or adv. amateurs on it - some, yes. e.g. the other day a guy was saying his smart phone is as good as his m43 gear, etc. etc.

as to m43 gear being as good as a FF system - it is not, tho fine for most work; there are holes in the m43 system - even with the lenses; macro flash not as good; etc.; DR not as great; noise in low light; you cannot enlarge as much, etc.

then there is the different look or rendering of smaller vs. larger sensors - Med. Format Hassy/FF/m43 and so on

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
@Daniel J. Cox
Hope you don't leave because of this post. I just checked out you youtube page, I had not heard of it before. So many youtubers out there.
I notice in your gear list you also use the G85, one of my favourites. I shall watch some of your other videos later today.

Hopefully we will hear more from you in the future

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It's fine for him to post here, and his OP had a disclosure stmt....
I agree. But I do think a different response should be expected compared to people who are not promoting anything.

This thread does give me an idea though. I should start posting a ton of images and make it clear that I use Oly and Panny. They would probably pay me much more than $250 a month to stop promoting their brands.

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think OP came off the wrong way as someone who's pushing the latest and greatest. If I needed the latest and greatest C-AF then maybe I could agree about the bodies. But for anything else, I completely disagree. There's plenty of fantastic photos taken with the "old" 45/1.8 and 75/1.8.

And besides isn't it the eye behind the camera that matters, not the gear?

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I think it's a completely ludicrous list of rules that doesn't hold up under even casual scrutiny. For example. If I use a dirt cheap GX85 and a 20mm f1.7 and you use a G9 with a Leica 12-60, I think the GX85 20mm combo is going to beat it across the board for output quality (around the 20mm focal length). Even if you use a 3 year old copy of PaintShopPro instead of DxO.

If you wanted to say, "Here's how I, myself, get pro level images" then nobody would argue with you. Yes, if you follow your list, you will have great output potential. Nobody can argue with that. But the way you worded it comes across as, "Hey all you peons with cheaper gear and software had better not get any ideas about pro level output, because this is the only way."
I think this pretty much sums things up. Equally skilled shooters should get equal results, but the G9 + PL12-60 in the wrong hands can also produce real crap.

Actually there are a number of us.
Yes there are, including those of us that have our sites linked.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes there are, including those of us that have our sites linked.
David, you and Phocal, as examples, are members of this community who actively participate and help others (from what I've seen). Phocal has talked about commercial ideas he was working on, and I think even provided a purchase link. That didn't bother me in the least. You guys have nothing to do with the flavor of this thread. It's not about pros not being welcome or not fitting in. It's about not wanting to feel marketed to.

Real Name
Mel
Look at us! Take a step back and look at us! This thread has become volatile and this is not what is best for the group. I think the internet has caused some to wear their damn feelings way to close to themselves and take umbrage at every perceived slight. Notice, I said perceived. Why do we as a group feel the need to always be right or to always be the voice of the group? Let it go, shake hands and go back to enjoying this fine assembly of people from all over the world.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
With regards to "calming down" ..............Folk are entitled to take umbrage and post as they see fit as long as it doesn't involve abusive behaviour. Personally, I have refrained from responding till now as I was in fits of laughter for a good while.

I have 20x30 prints on my wall that "WOW" people when they see them and they were taken with a pentax me super and 35mmlens. I have similar sized prints taken with hasselblad and 105mm. I can tell the difference, most folk can't. I did most of my wedding photography with that pentax and never once received a complaint often printing to 24x16.

I wouldn't consider my gear to be pro level but I am already receiving income from it and if I was of the age I was back when, and had the same motivation/fitness/time, I reckon that I could eke a limit from it once I had built a client base......................just my cheap 2 cents worth

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
@Daniel J. Cox I appreciate you posting your advice and thoughts and hope you continue to do so here.
But I am often reminded of that great piece of Australian advice that is especially true when posting in Internet forums it goes like this.
Take a teaspoon full of cement and harden up.
Tall poppies is another one :)

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
I have experience in working in marketing for a major company, and I can recognise the regurgitation of selling points. The OP may be a great photographer.. but he is, on the strength of his campaign here, not worth his 750 dollars he got from panasonic as a brand ambasador

I personally know another Panasonic Luminary, who does a much better job at promoting the brand...oddly enough we worked together at the same company

K

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
I'm judging purely on content here... His other stuff is pretty good.

My only issue with this piece was calling it Micro Four Thirds Triad, as if giving the technological perspective a magical name would somehow make it a profound new insight into Micro Four Thirds... I've got nothing against the perspective as such - I'm simply unpacking what I feel is a misleadingly constructed term.

I used to think this sort of stuff didn't matter and would let it slide... But in this age of fake news and social media, I no longer do.

Last edited:

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
actually just got round to watching the video... 14 mins of my life I will never get back

did we actually ever see a shot he took apart from maybe the river... certainly not the bear

worst advert for panasonic ever!!

k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom