1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Memorial Tournament - Day 1 (E-M5 shoots golf)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Jman, May 28, 2012.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Day 1 of the Memorial Tournament practice rounds. It was blazingly hot today, and none of the big names come out on Monday, so I just stayed until around 12:30 and came home. I'll be doing tomorrow as long as the rain holds out and all day Wednesday (which should be the best day...everyone will be out, and it should be 79 and sunny!)

These are all with the E-M5 and Canon FD 50-300mm f/4.5L (except for the shot from behind, which is with the Oly 14-42 kit lens). I am really impressed how the E-M5 performed today. The 9 fps bursts were really nice to have, and the dynamic range was impressive. This sort of shooting is always really hard on the sensor, as it's harsh sunlight, so you have really bright spots and really deep shadows, and I don't think I had a single shot where I lost highlight or significant shadow detail. Really, really good performance. Shooting with my GH2 last year, I had a fair number of shots with at least some highlight loss.

Bo Hoag (There will be some local buzz about him, since he's a recent Ohio State grad, and the locals will all be rooting him on):
    hoag_drive1.

hoag_sand.

hoag_drive2.

hoag_planning.

hoag_drive_tee.

Kevin Stadler:
    stadler_drive.

Ryo Ishikawa:
    ishikawa_drive1.

ishikawa_putt.

ishikawa_drive2.

ishikawa_planning.

I have no idea who this is:
    drive_behind.

Scott Stallings:
    stallings_drive.

stallings_fairway.

stallings_sand.

• Like Like x 6
  2. hamadiscool

hamadiscool Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    Great coverage! Pics came out nice and sharp.

Btw, how were you able to take your camera to a golf tournament? I have been to one before and they seem to bar any type of photography.