The love is back

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Brubache, May 14, 2012.

1. Brubache

Brubache Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2012
    After several years of enslavement to the DSLR I have found freedom and the love has returned. Just imagine what another week will do for me.

Loc: Vancouver BC.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Welcome from a "neighbor" down here in Seattle.

Let us know which camera you picked up (I'm speculating that you are a new OM-D owner), and what brought you to :43: from the "dark side". :wink:
  3. Brubache

Brubache Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2012
    Actually I am a e-pm1 owner. The OM looks awesome but I wanted to give something basic and bare bones a whirl. After years of DSLR hell I am liberated from carrying the mountain of gear. I was completely refreshed by this fabulous little camera that once setup simply let me enjoy see photography again. The camera really became secondary in the process which tells you how really good it is indeed.

I am thinking of doing a review from a cross over standpoint. Thanks for the welcome!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome aboard Brubache!!!
  5. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think the only thing "basic and barebones" about the E-PM1 is the rather spartan exterior. Inside beats the heart of a full-featured camera, with more custom settings than I can envision ever understanding fully!

BUT...once tweaked to your liking, it can be used with a minimum of fiddling with menus, buttons and dials.

Enjoy the experience!