The Lake District Cumbria

Real Name
Steve
Just came back from a great five days in the Lake District. Mostly spent walking the trails and hills, did manage a little bit of photography, and did manage to get very sore feet! The weather was varied. Could have done with a couple more days - did I mention my feet!?

Some quick edits - pic heavy

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The view from my bedroom window

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Just came back from a great five days in the Lake District. Mostly spent walking the trails and hills, did manage a little bit of photography, and did manage to get very sore feet! The weather was varied. Could have done with a couple more days - did I mention my feet!?

View attachment 728552

View attachment 728553

View attachment 728554

View attachment 728555

View attachment 728556

View attachment 728557

The view from my bedroom window View attachment 728558

View attachment 728559 View attachment 728560

View attachment 728561
Great set, Stephen, worth the sore feet?:)

Real Name
Steve
worth the sore feet?

Haha, of course Martin. The steep descents are my problem, at one point I thought I must have been wearing roller skates, I slipped so many times onto my arse :) Got caught in a thick mist on one fell, we did have a compass so had to abandon our climb and descend rough terrain, as goodness knows where track had gone, visibility was maybe 6-7 metres!

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Haha, of course Martin. The steep descents are my problem, at one point I thought I must have been wearing roller skates, I slipped so many times onto my arse :) Got caught in a thick mist on one fell, we did have a compass so had to abandon our climb and descend rough terrain, as goodness knows where track had gone, visibility was maybe 6-7 metres!
At least you were properly equiped, some folk go out walking without a clue never mind a compass! Yes, descents are getting tougher as you get older: my brakes don't work as well as they used to do either:)

Mattyh

Mu-43 Veteran
A stunning place with some fantastic images, and all this on our own doorstep, I live a 10 minute drive to the Peak District and yet hardly visit it, choosing instead to fly thousands of miles each year to visit somewhere not as near as spectacular a few miles up the road?

Real Name
Steve
A stunning place with some fantastic images, and all this on our own doorstep, I live a 10 minute drive to the Peak District and yet hardly visit it, choosing instead to fly thousands of miles each year to visit somewhere not as near as spectacular a few miles up the road?
Visiting in the cheapest rental weeks means far less people, although the weekends are still busy. The weather there is so varied (the snow only lasted for a day) that there's no guarantee, so out of season gives the same opportunities as high season. Nearly all the pics I took are clichéd but I didn't have to wait for walkers to clear, as we had the high areas especially, to ourselves.

Steveee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for sharing some lovely shots of my favourite place in the world - been to bigger mountains and bigger lakes, but given the choice I'd still take the Lakes. Off there in a three or four weeks, over the bank holiday which probably scuppers my hope for some good weather!

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
These are fantastic @StephenB ! My wife and I will be in England in late June/early July, and we’ll be spending 5 days up in the Lake District (staying just outside Keswick). These pictures make me even more excited for our trip!

By all means, if you have any tips while visiting shoot me a PM. And thanks again for sharing your images.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary

View attachment 728552

View attachment 728553

View attachment 728554

View attachment 728555

View attachment 728556

View attachment 728557

The view from my bedroom window View attachment 728558

View attachment 728559 View attachment 728560

View attachment 728561
Beautiful images!
GR

DaveJP

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Plumb
Great photos, Stephen. My wife and I just love the Lake District; there's nowhere else quite like it! I like the way you chose just the right shutter speed to show the flow of the water without making it look too misty and unnatural. Wonderful scenery, good food, great beer and sore feet ... that's The Lakes.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom