1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Kingsbridge annual bus rally included a Lioness and a Tiger

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by grebeman, Sep 16, 2012.

1. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Now in it's fifth year, this rally aims to replicate the old bus routes that used to radiate from Kingsbridge to the local villages. These are some of the oldest buses taking part this year.

A 1929 Leyland Lioness all weather convertible

1050313_1.
    A 1933 Bristol H5G, very much a local bus that was based hereabouts all its working life until withdrawn in 1957.

A 1938 Leyland Tiger TS8

1050286_1.
    Two images of a 1939 Bristol L5G, the last deep in the countryside on its way to the village of Southpool. This is another relatively local bus having spent most of its working life in Plymouth, some 25 miles away. It was based in Kingsbridge for a short time and has been in preservation for about 40 years.

All with a Panasonic G1 and 14-45mm Panasonic zoom.

Barrie

• Like Like x 12
  2. Gurin

Gurin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Sweden
    I’d love to have been there. Occasions like this are why I have a camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Great to see the buses are out for another drive. I remember last time you posted the series, the newer bus had broken down and the old one had to finish the run.

The faithful G1 still going strong hey:smile:

best,
    icon

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Beautiful busses in amazing condition - I love seeing these. Someone obviously has an appreciation for fine machinery and keeps these in great shape. Very nice! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. tbhv55

tbhv55 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 26, 2010
    Devon
    Barrie, thanks for another one of your excellent photo series - this time of some wonderful, classic vehicles. Looking at these photos brings a sense of nostalgia, as I used to travel to school on such buses (excluding the one in the first photo!) in Somerset, during the sixties. BTW, regarding the first shot, I must say it's very brave (or reckless!) of you to stand in the road at that point :eek:... or were you using a little 'zoom' from the traffic island next to the roundabout?:thumbup:
    Tim.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Amazing! Put me down for the Leyland.

• Like Like x 1
  7. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Tim, no zoom, 14mm if I remember correctly. The bus had been in the garage behind to fill up (a petrol engine) and as it pulled out I went across the carriage way and took advantage of a bollard as it approached a roundabout.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1