The instance of post-processing challenge - requesting for tips

Juggernaut

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
P1000527.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It looks a bit of hyperbole but that's the best result I can have. The toughest part was the sky toning as the sky part had lost majority of the details when the photograph was taken. I tried several possible means as advised by RichardC to expand the tonal bars and then the image became illuminated except for the sky, which turned to be opposite way of clarity. To conformity with the colors of nature (only what I can remember is the rust red of the soil, thus I used it as the baseline), I almost gave up the sky part, just letting it be as the result could be.
Very appreciate the enlightening replies for me to navigate the best result.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Just saw this and had a quick go at it in DxO PL4. Default preset, Clearview 100, Contrast, MicroContrast and FineContrast 16.
P1000527_DxO100.jpg

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Here's my crack at this (could not resist the challenge..).
Initially used DXO Photolab 4 to crop, deep prime, adjust sky temperature slightly, remove what looks like two sensor dust spots
multiple rounds of NIK settings within Color Efex Pro( Tonal Contrast->Pro Contrast->Brilliance/Warnth-> Pro Contrast), and within contrast settins used control points to select areas to receive treatments.
Over to LR 6.14, removed noise from sky, export as jpeg

certainly not "light processing"....

PostProcess.jpg

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I finally took some time to play with the raw file, for what it's worth. I think I like @RichardC 's version better.

ZP1000527_01.jpg

ColinM

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
Here's what I would make of it, except that if I was going to submit it as stock I would remove the wires at the top.

P1000527.jpg

Starting from the RAW file I straightened and set the levels in ACR, darkening the sky 1/2 stop on a gradient. Opened into PS, then Luminar 4 for some Accent AI, then back to ACR as a plugin for a final lighting tweak and a little Dehaze.

It's a pain when you put so much effort into getting to a location and the weather refuses to co-operate. Oh well, nice try!

Colin

Juggernaut

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Here's what I would make of it, except that if I was going to submit it as stock I would remove the wires at the top.

Starting from the RAW file I straightened and set the levels in ACR, darkening the sky 1/2 stop on a gradient. Opened into PS, then Luminar 4 for some Accent AI, then back to ACR as a plugin for a final lighting tweak and a little Dehaze.

It's a pain when you put so much effort into getting to a location and the weather refuses to co-operate. Oh well, nice try!

Colin
Yeah... I did foresee the weather there could not be in my favor as the area is famous of its local saying: "No sunny sky here can last for more than three days; No flat ground here can be more than three square-meters." But eventually the polluted air was the culprit that I didn't anticipate!

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Second attempt. Started in DXO Photolab for "prime" denoising and straighthening. Then over to Camera Raw for 3 luminosity masks n ACR with mainly localized dehazing and contrast adaptations. Lastly a bit of nik Color Efex>ProContrast over the mountains only.

P1000527_openWithBis.jpg

Vorchek

Mu-43 Regular
A neat experiment. I produced this version in Zoner Photo Studio X. I didn't do anything with noise, concentrating on colors and detail.
zoner.jpg

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Something a bit more arty:

1611408009829.png

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Something more exciting:

1611408187939.png

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom