Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Simulated as in done in software?
It looks generally quite good, but I'm pretty sure that bench is wrong. The end pieces are made of metal & will very probably look dark to IR, while the rest of it is typically painted wood which I'd expect to reflect some IR.
Yes simulated in software. The bench end pieces are painted white and I think the “wood” is composite material.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
Yes simulated in software. The bench end pieces are painted white and I think the “wood” is composite material.
The trouble with simulating IR is that there is nothing reliable to work with. IR will see through sunglasses & ND filters, it will be strongly reflected by some items & barely at all from other things of the same visual colour.
I've photographed people wearing the same 'uniforms' & found some black trousers are IR reflective while others are not.

It's very much like trying to determine the blue colour of a scene from the red signal.

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
The trouble with simulating IR is that there is nothing reliable to work with. IR will see through sunglasses & ND filters, it will be strongly reflected by some items & barely at all from other things of the same visual colour.
I've photographed people wearing the same 'uniforms' & found some black trousers are IR reflective while others are not.

It's very much like trying to determine the blue colour of a scene from the red signal.
Mike,

Please note the original image was taken with a 720 nm IR converted E-M1.1. It is an IR image that I post processed to look like that which you would expect to see if I had taken it with an 850 nm filter.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
Mike,

Please note the original image was taken with a 720 nm IR converted E-M1.1. It is an IR image that I post processed to look like that which you would expect to see if I had taken it with an 850 nm filter.
So IMO not simulated IR at all.

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Getting the daily walk in as rain clouds gather.

51256473971_e229f50e45_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Riverwalk @ 720 nm

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
@Diamondback - You may be costing me money. My straight B&W IR camera is a converted E-M5. I found myself on the KolariVision website today, looking at ...options.
Don,

My current IR camera is an E-M1.1 converted to 720 nm. I am in the process of having an E-M1.2 converted to full spectrum for greater IR flexibility and have ordered a number of filters from Kolari. Looking at their website can be detrimental to your bank account!

Here's a small contribution from a walk in the park in May. Using my converted E-M5 (to 720nm).

P5070005.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
It's been a long time since I've seen the Soren Larsen, (I sailed on her in 2000) even longer than seeing the Sydney opera house (2008).
Nice to see them both together - this brings back loads of memories :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom