The image that convinced me to go µ43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by IcemanYVR, Nov 20, 2012.

1. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    As mentioned in another thread, I've borrowed a friends Panasonic GH2 to try and get a feel for the µ43 camera system. I've been very impressed, even coming closer to the D700 output than would be expected.

Most cameras can present decent image quality at base ISO, but once you get past ISO 1600, or ISO 3200, things can fall apart very quickly. The following image was shot at ISO 6400. It was this image that convinced me personally that µ43 had indeed arrived. Straight from the camera, processed in Aperture. I imagine that with a later model camera and a sharp prime, the quality may even be better.

(Warning: This is not the best image you've ever seen, but I think you get my point :wink: )

Panasonic GH2, 14-42 Kit lens, ISO 6400, f/8, 1/15

2. YouDidntDidYou

YouDidntDidYou Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2012
    stella always has a story.....

<a href="" title="make the story by YouDidntDidYou, on Flickr">[​IMG]"720" height="405" alt="make the story"></a>
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    There are very few reasons to use a DSLR any longer. Someone who shoots a great deal of sports, professionals with specific need for full frame sensors, perhaps a few others. :43: is a mature system with a healthy variety of lenses and excellent image quality.
    • Like Like x 1