1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

'The "Iceman" Returns'

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by RT_Panther, Nov 29, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    There is only one iceman: [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvvf1R_vWo]Albert Collins - Iceman - YouTube[/ame]

2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    Bad move I think. He and Shuey should start a Senior GP Tour for past-their-prime F1 racers. The only rule would be that they must race their old racecars. I think I would pay to see that. While we're at it, we bring back Super Mario:

356313297_Hjczd-L-1.

3. So...no comeback for Kubica then? On a sidenote, why are there two seemingly unconnected "Lotus" teams in Formula One?

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Kubica has said publicly that he's not ready to come back yet - certainly not for the start of the season. No word yet on later on in 2012.

Re: Lotus. It's a long story involving one team purchasing rights to the original Team Lotus F1 team (which had become separated from the company that makes the road cars - probably when GM owned Lotus) and the on-road sports car company backing the former factory Renault F1 team a year later.

Fast forward past a court battle and there are no longer two Lotus teams in F1. There is Lotus-Renault (which was the Group Lotus team) and Caterham (which was formerly Team Lotus). Caterham, by the way, was the company that bought - and still produces - the original Lotus 7 ultra-minimalist road sportscar. Tony Fernandes, who owns the F1 team, brought the Caterham sports car company. Make sense?

I don't like the idea of Kimi coming back to F1. He was having trouble in his last season. I suspect he won't have much more luck than Schumacher. If they wanted a name, Lotus-Renault should have signed Rubens Barichello, who has been doing a solid job with the completely uncompetitive Williams. But, like everything else in F1, I'm sure it has to do with money. I'll bet Kimi will bring sponsorship dollars. I could be wrong, of course, but my gut tells me it's something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.