1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Hotel Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Brewster, Aug 29, 2011.

1. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruce_l_snell/6086182736/" title="P9265988 by brucelsnell, on Flickr">"500" height="333" alt="P9265988"></a>

A couple of years ago I went on a last minute weekend hiking trip to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado with two of my three sons. The weather was beautiful and crisp as it usually is in that part of the country in the fall. In order to conserve funds, my sons thought we should tent camp in the park. I hadn't camped outside of an Embassy Suites in years but thought it sounded like fun, so I was on board for the adventure.

The first night changed my mind immediately and after realizing I wasn't a young man of 25 anymore and nearly freezing in our little Wal-Mart nylon tent, I headed to the car. I spent the rest of that night curled up in a Honda Civic and actually slept fairly well. I woke before dawn and decided to shoot the sunrise on the mountains. I left my still sleeping sons and walked a short way to a ridge behind the car, setup a tripod and waited. While I do have a number of shots from that very cold sunrise, my favorite occurred while walking back to the car. This small grove of trees with the newly risen sun back lighting the scene called my name. Autumn in the rockies is always a pleasure.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very Nice shot!

3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Lovely! Aspen trees with autumn foliage, no? Makes me a bit homesick for New Mexico, where I lived long ago.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App