1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The Holy Grail...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SRHEdD, Apr 21, 2011.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    ...of Oly lens hoods, is now available!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

LH-40 hood

It may be the Holy Grail but I'm not paying 40 GBP (66 USD/45 euros) for a lens hood. I have a 40.5 - 49 step-up ring on my Mk I so I can use all the filters from my OM lenses and that includes the hood for my 28mm 3.5 which is perfect. It also works fine on the 17mm pancake with a 37 - 49 ring.

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    It was $24.99 on Oly's web site. I had a discount code, and shipping was $6.

4. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Hood

Fair enough. I would pay that if I didn't have the setup I mentioned above. I must admit it looks really nice and the push on fit is a decided plus.

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    It is the typical bayonet mount, and reversible.

I have the old metal and chrome hood for the 50/35 OMs on my 50 1.8 OM, I love that hood (as much as one can LOVE a lens hood...).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Love the droid inc.

7. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I am the biggest Apple fan, but the droid is so much better than the iphone. We have both in our family, my wife has the iphone supplied by her office. We'll often try the same task simultaneously, and the droid is much faster. I'm on Verizon, she's AT&T. My battery lasts longer, pics are better, web access is faster, less problems with email coming in and going out, and no drops.

But we live in the flattest state in the country, and the tallest building around here is likely the 2-story PlaySpace at McDonalds.

8. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Ordered one yesterday as soon as I saw this post, thanks for the heads up!

9. Check Amazon. Occasionally a good price. Picked one up for low $20s back in March. Bit of a bummer OLY does not throw in hood & lens bag. 1st mu4/3 lens (9-18mm) I've ever purchased that came with no bag or hood. 1st lens ever purchased that came without a bag. But it's too nice a lens not own for those "faults".

• Like Like x 1
  10. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I guess we're supposed to be thankful we get boxes. Everything else I've ordered has come in a plastic sleeve. I so used to love walking in my office closet and seeing all those boxes stacked up... ah the good 'ol days...

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

LAUNCELOT: wussup m8, you buy a hoodie
    CONCORDE: yeah bros, did aye. aint no vanilla face now.

? A hood and Scene 27 ?

12. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    tru dat