The Ghost Island of Hashima at Dusk

Gakuranman

Mu-43 Regular
A shot from my recent return trip to Gunkanjima. I've started using Raw + Jpeg recently to squeeze the most out of my E-P1 files. Loved processing this one :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gakuranman

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Jim. That was the look I was going for. There was some detail in the raw data that came out, but I decided to set the black point higher to get rid of it and focus on the silhouette :).

The water tower you are referring to is actually a Japanese shrine. It's quite distinctive on this island, standing tall.

Gakuranman

Mu-43 Regular
Yep, I really went all-out on this image, trying a number of new techniques. A lot of selective contrast and brightness adjustment to bring out the rays of light. Maybe I could post the original tonight, but it might let the post-processing secret of photography out the bag ;p.

Laputa! Now that would have been stunning in this light!

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What an amazing place. Completely new to me.
This is from its WIKI page:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gakuranman

Mu-43 Regular
That's right - the Steps to Hell. I had to dash up these to grab a quick shot on my last trip. It was harder work than I thought!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom